Sign in to follow this  
PeterR

3rd Party Software message

Several of the downloaded aircrafts (not the POSKY) give me error message "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 was unable to load some 3rd party software. The software will be deleted"Under this message the full path to the software is shown which shows it to be the xxx.MDL file in the aircraftmodel folder.And I am not able to load that particular aircraft.I checked the "Flight Simulator 2002 Readme" file but it talks about 3rd party xxx.DLL files and suggests a way to get around the problem. For 3rd party software, it says;....."Audio panels are a new feature in Flight Simulator 2002 aircraft. Older (imported) aircraft will not have audio panels.We have eased the requirements for imported aircraft to just the .mdl and the .air files, but that may allow for some aircraft to be imported with other components missing, such as gauges, panel backgrounds, sound files, and textures."Can somebody please help me. Thanks!

Download and install MDLRepair201.zip. It may fix the problem with your *.mdl file.

"Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 was unable to load some 3rd party software. The software will be deleted"Deleted!?! :-eek

Thanks, it worked like a charm. I can now use all aircrafts.Thanks again for the solution.Pramod Mathur