Sign in to follow this  
Guest sunstriker

Textureproblem with Dash 8 - 300 V1.001 by Oleksiy Frol

I have downloaded the new dash8 from AVSIM. I installed the aircraft properly but The aircraft has no textures. It looks only white with a little blue at the tail. (Look at my picture). Where can I download airline liveries for this aircraft?Regards and safe flights!Holger (German Eagle) SchleenhainRuesselsheim (near EDDF):-wave GERMANY :-wave____________________________________________________________________Windows XP Prof.AMD Athlon 1330 DDR-266; ASUS A7A266; 512MB-DDRASUS AGP-V8200 T5 Pure (nVIDIA gFORCE3 Ti 500) 64MB DDR-SDRAM, Det. 23.11SB PCI 512CH Flight Sim Yoke USB CH Pro Pedals USBGoFlight-user

Take a closer look. It do have textures. How else would you think that blue color would be there? Or the doors and panel lines etc etc? ;-)

>I have downloaded the new dash8 from AVSIM. I installed the >aircraft properly but The aircraft has no textures. It looks >only white with a little blue at the tail. (Look at my >picture). Where can I download airline liveries for this >aircraft? That a/c has some *serious* problems. As the other gentleman pointed out, it does have minimal skin, but worse...There is a *bad* gauge problem with the Dash8All.gau... Not only will it crash every one of our nine flightstations, but it will not even load in FS Panel Studio, without causing FSPS to crash!I'd be willing to bet that he compiled that gauge file running under WinXP. Every gauge I've ever tried to load in Win98SE or Win2k that was compiled under WinXP has the exact same problem...At a guess, it's probably trying to link with nonexistent .dll files that are particular to WinXP.

Hey Bill...I have not used the package yet (I'll be running it up tonight) but other threads have noted that it was originally people WITH Windows XP who were noticing crash problems, and those with 98/ME/2K who did not. One of the fixes for some of the panel crashes was to make sure that you install the aircraft in the designated file folder... /AIRCRAFT/Dash8-Q300_2Apparently if you rename that, the panel and associated gauge file don't get along nicely. You can check out the thread in question [a href=http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/9375.html]here[/a].Of course, there could be an entirely different problem going on with your systems, but this is one to look at...Good luck,-Greg

>One of the fixes for some of the panel crashes was to make >sure that you install the aircraft in the designated file >folder... >>/AIRCRAFT/Dash8-Q300_2 >>Apparently if you rename that, the panel and associated >gauge file don't get along nicely. You can check out the >thread in question [a >href=http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/9375.html]here[/a]. Thank you for the reference. I rarely go to that forum because of the high signal-to-noise ratio... :)I'll give this a try and report back. If that is indeed the case, it is a very, very poor programming technique.As far as the taxiing problem that some folks in that thread report, apparently they haven't read the doc files carefully enough. Taxiing is not done with prop pitch on this model.

>Apparently if you rename that, the panel and associated >gauge file don't get along nicely. You can check out the >thread in question [a >href=http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/9375.html]here[/a]. That was indeed the problem. However, three wasted hours by six different pilots has not achieved success in even starting the blasted engines...Worse, the panel's labels are so tiny that it's nearly impossible to find anything.

I read the manual and had no problems with finding anything.

Guest CharlesH

Hi Bill:You might read in MS Forum awhile ago, where someone altered the panel file to make them larger. I don't know where it was but I did read about it. Also, what I do is enlarge them myself. Its not hard. You can also try Control-E to start the engines. It takes a little practice to get them started manually, the doc files are really good. Try enlarging the panels, read the doc files and then read the sample flight plan that is included. Its really a very detailed and complex panel, but its well worth it. The gentleman who designed it, really has brought flight simmulation up a notch. Charles

Guest sunstriker

HiAnyone know whether I can alter .cfg so I can run this panel without yoke throttle, ie just with keys.Also I cant seem to get the transponder to work...turn it on but get no digits, am I missing something??Sun