Sign in to follow this  

Airbus panel question

Is there a real Airbus pilot around here?Or a maintenance engineer who knows the Airbus aircrafts?As I am working on an upgrade of my A320/330/340 panels (to make them more realistic), I have some very specific questions about the throttle management on these aircrafts:1) When A/THR mode is engaged, the throttle lever is supposed to be positioned on a specific notch: CL (climb), FLX (flex) or TOGA. What if the lever is positioned somewhere else? What if it is positioned somewhere in the area marked A/THR (between 0 and CL notch)?(see the attached picture)2) If you want to disarm the A/THR mode, you can press the A/THR button on the upper panel OR press the red button on side of the throttle lever. Is that right?3) If A/THR mode is disarmed, the engine power is directly managed by the throttle lever. Is the lever supposed to be moved only between 0 and CL notch, or is is supposed to move the whole way? What if you move the lever to the CL notch position in manual mode? What if you move it to the TOGA position?If you have any info about this, it would be greatly apreciated. If you know womeone who can answer these questions, please let me know.Thanks in advance !!Eric

1) Normal thrust control when it's placed between the IDLE and the CL detent, as in any other aircraft. As soon as you move it to CL and beyond, A/THR will engage.2) Correct. Another method is to pull the thrust levers back to the IDLE detent.3) As said before, between IDLE and CL: normal thrust control. When moved to CL or beyond, A/THR engages in respective mode, e. e. CL, FLX or TOGA. Manual mode is replaced by A/THR as soon as you exceed the CL detent. The other way, if you move it thru the CL detent down to IDLE, A/THR disengages and you have manual control.TOGA position: On takeoff applies normal takeoff thrust (no derated takeoff). On approach activates A/P GA TRK mode and flies the MAP if it's preprogrammed into the FMGC.Any questions, just let me know.Cheers! :-wavehttp://members.lycos.co.uk/fs2k2/avsim/sig.jpg... under short final 25L EDDFWhich ain't fitted cannot cause trouble...

>If you have any info about this, it would be greatly >apreciated. If you know womeone who can answer these >questions, please let me know. >Thanks in advance !! Contact Brian Jones in the alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim NG. He's currently flying 747's, but is also certified as an Airbus jockey.Bill

Thanks for your VALUABLE answer !!But your information brings another question...If I understood what you said, the throttle is in MANUAL mode if the lever is positioned between IDLE and CL detent, and it automatically switches to AUTO mode when moved to the CL detent and beyond. Conversely, the throttle switches back to MANUAL mode if the lever is moved between IDLE and CL.If this is right, what is the use of the A/THR button on the upper panel or the red button on the lever side?They are useless, aren't they?If everything is controlled by the lever position, when are you supposed to press these buttons?Thanks for your help !!

Hmmm... :-hmmm Well not totally useless I assume... *:-* But indeed, I have no idea. :-lol Not too sure about that all.You see, at a specific point after takeoff you'll get a flashing LVR CL message on the PFD which wants the pilot to pull thrust levers back from TOGA/FLX down to CL. Usually they'll stay at CL until short before touchdown. Then, at 20' RA or so, you hear a double 'retard!' callout and you should pull back to IDLE.IMHO: A real 'Bus pilot should help outta this! :-)But BTW - I made a mistake in the first post - let's assume the situation you're on the ground, you may move the thrust levers until short before FLX, not CL. That's because A/THR will only kick in at FLX or beyond (well beyond that would just be TOGA).Good luck! :-)http://members.lycos.co.uk/fs2k2/avsim/sig.jpg... under short final 25L EDDFWhich ain't fitted cannot cause trouble...