Sign in to follow this  
Guest MelvinRafi

Virtual cockpit and outside world

Guest MelvinRafi

Hi folks! I have managed to create a virtual cockpit successfully but cannot see the outside of my airplane from virtual cockpit view. Can anyone help me? What am I doing wrong? I would appreciate any help. Thanks a lot!:) Melvin Rafiwww.meljet.com

Guest MelvinRafi

It's in GMax. In FSDS, there was some sort of setting in the part properties box that allowed you to check the "internal" and "external" boxes. How do I do this in GMax?:) Melvinwww.meljet.com

Guest PhLem

If I am correct you should include all the parts you want to have visible in the virtual view. Compile it as interior and export as bgl.This will cause mkmdl to pause. Exit makemdl. The file will be saved.Find it in your Gmax folder and call it interiour.x. Go back to Gmax and open your exterior (normal) model. Export it as bgl again. Makemdl will pause again. Under lod you will see exterior model. Browse to find your interior file (.x file) and add that. Now export as mdl file. I hope I have remembered these steps correctly, but that is how it should be done.Good Luck !!!Udo:-waveP.S.The Saab is nearing completion. Thx for all the help in the past.

Guest MelvinRafi

I think I know what you mean. I'll give it a try and see how it goes.Thanks a lot - your Saab looks great - good work!:) Melvin

Guest BWIA330

Hey,You group your cockpit as interior. Then you group the aircraft itself as exterior and you have to set the datum points. These are normally 0,0,0. Export and everything should be fine. The only problem is that you gotta clone whatever you want in interior to be visible in the exterior.Regards,BWIA330

Guest Milton

Not as difficult as it seems at first.1. Clone the parts of the aircraft you want seen from the virtual cockpit mode. Group them as 'interior'. Include your VC in there as well.2. The exterior model must be grouped as 'exterior' before exporting as well.3. All objects must be in one of the 2 groups or it will not export.4. Before exporting, you must set the CoG for each group. That is, select the interior group (Right viewport works well for this), Turn on Grid (G), open the Hierarchy and select Affect Pivot Only, select Modify Icon. Here I simply set the CoG at the crosshairs for consistency sake. YOu can type in at bottom, x=0 y=0 z=0.5. Unhide the exterior group and do the same. Hierarchy, Affect Pivot Only, Modify, set pivot location.6. With both CoG's set, select both the interior and exterior groups for export.7. Export Selected, as .bgl, type in model name, Start8. When makemdl comes up, select Options tab, select HasReflectMap and HasLightMap if you want, then select Main Tab, change export type to Aircraft (from scenery), StartWhen compiled, start FS, in 3D mode, you will see all interior model parts.Note: when you clone for the VC interior model, gmax will renumber your objects. This will cause animations not to work as it breaks the tag rules. Example, it will name l_aileron to l_aileron01 and the name will not be recognized as a tag. Put an underscore between all animation tag numbers and you will be fine. Ex: l_aileron_01Milton

Guest MelvinRafi

Thanks a lot!:) Melvinwww.meljet.com