Sign in to follow this  
Guest MelvinRafi

light_strobe and MakeMDL

Guest MelvinRafi

Designers, have you had any problems when exporting a gmax scene which has a part/material with the name "light_strobe" or "light_beacon" using the version of MakeMDL that came with the FS2002 Pro CD (8.00.010912.01)?"light_land" works fine. Can you guys give any help? Thanks!:) Melvin Rafiwww.meljet.com

I have really no idea of aircraft designing but as far as I know you place strobes/beacons with an effect file. Has nothing to do with gmax, you do this in the LIGHTS section of the aircraft.cfg.

Guest MelvinRafi

Or you can do it in GMax. I have to do it in GMax as I have to link the strobe to the flexing wing. You can't do that with the light fx files or the aircraft cfg.Thanks anyway!:) Melvinwww.meljet.com

Guest Milton

Melvin,I had a similar problem with light_land and light_taxi where they would not all hit the tarmac. I blew 10-15 hours on that issue. As it turned out, when I upgraded the makemdl, they all worked great.I thought you had upgraded makemdl that caused the size conversion issue. Did you revert back?I use the aircraft.cfg for those lights so I can't speak to your issue directly. Just make sure they are linked to a parent object and the pivot for the parent is adjusted to direct the light.The other particular nuances for flashing lights from gmax I am really in the dark about. ;-)Milton

Guest MelvinRafi

I went back to the MakeMDL that came with the FS2002 Pro CD. All that work just for a strobe - no way! After resizing my plane I still had a lot of reanimation to do.While we're on this, do you know how I can create FS2002 style steering gear (where it only turns when you're moving) so that I don't have to rely on tagging the gear as "rudder". The MakeMDL SDK lists a keyframe animation variable called "c_wheel" or something like that. Is that what I use? How do I program the keyframe for a steerable gear?Thanks again!:) Melvinwww.meljet.com

Guest Milton

Melvin, I have pictures, a gmax demo for you, and instructions. Sorry I can't put that stuff here.Email me at Dash-7@fssupport.comMilton

Guest MelvinRafi

Thanks a lot for all the help folks. I managed to get the steering system done perfectly.:) Melvinwww.meljet.com