Sign in to follow this  

FDE help...

Guest MelvinRafi

Hi again! I'm currently trying to do some flight dynamics editing and boy is it a tedious task or what! I really need some help playing with the figures in AirED and I was wondering if there is anything out there which may assist in explainig what each variable does.Anyway, I have a couple of questions. First, do the properties in the aircraft.cfg override those in the air file?Second, my autothrottle is acting up. I think it's too sensitive. It can't hold the speed properly but instead keeps increasing and decreasing the throttle, resulting in that airspeed oscillating problem. How do I correct this?I would appreciate your help. Thanks!:) Melvin Rafiwww.meljet.com

Guest Fly1

I hope you get some responses on this. I'm looking for the same thing. From what I've always understood, it is pretty much a black art, mastered by few.Bob C.

Guest PhLem

You are not the only ones, guys. Getting my turboprop airfile to work properly is the most confusing thing of all. I would also like to have some answers to millions of questions.Udo:-wave

>Anyway, I have a couple of questions. First, do the >properties in the aircraft.cfg override those in the air >file?This is an easy one... Yes, according to the MS SDK, the initial values in the aircraft.cfg file will be auto-generated by FS when first loading the a/c (assuming that you haven't entered them manually first!).In fact, that is the *easiest* way to generate the initial aircraft.cfg file to begin with. Simply create a 'basic' one similar to the FS2k one, but with the added atc_ and ui_ entries, and then let FS generate the rest.Again, according to MS, any subsequent changes in the aircraft.cfg file will override the same parameter values in the .air file, which makes tinkering with them much easier than continually editing the .air file. Once proper values are determined, then the .air file can be updated with that information.Unfortunately, most of the .air file is not so easily accessible, and from the limited help I've been able to locate on the web and various ng's, many of them remain a mystery... :(>Second, my autothrottle is acting up. I think it's too >sensitive. It can't hold the speed properly but instead >keeps increasing and decreasing the throttle, resulting in >that airspeed oscillating problem. How do I correct this? That seems to be a problem with many of the default FS a/c also...