Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

Introducing myself

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello all.My name is Fabio Miguez, and I have just started to design aircraft for Flight Simulator with gmax.I have searched through this forum, and it is extremely helpful, with great people supporting the begginers.I am taking the time to properly introduce myself, so that in the future, when I ask you questions (I plan to ask a lot! :-)), you will know who I am.I am from Brasil, and, as I write, am starting my last semester of Aerospace Engineering in Daytona Beach, FL. I am also a pilot, currently working on my CFI. Like my father, I plan to be a test pilot. He is currently an Operational Pilot for Embraer, having amassed several flight hours in all kinds of aircraft.I have around 300 hours total time, with about 25 being in multi-engined aircraft.I hope to have a good relationship with all of you, and, in the future, to be able to help begginers just like me.Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Guest PhLem

Hello Fabio,And welcome to the wonderful world of Gmax and FS aircraft design. Hope we can enjoy your work in the future.Kind Regards,Udo.:-wave

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello Udo.Thanks! And cool SAAB 2000, is that your first gmax plane?My Dad just came back from a one-week tour visiting with ERJ-145 operators, and one of them was in Stockholm (sp?). I think the name of the airline was City Airlines. They have moved into SAAB's old hangar, and my Dad was amazed to see that it is absolutely empty. The 145s look dwarfed in there. And everyone is real sad SAAB Aircraft is gone. Too bad...I love the size of the engines on SAAB 2000s, they are HUGE!

Guest PhLem

Yes, it is my first design. I am currently also working on my second one plus some coop with someone else.Udo.:-waveP.S.I have never seen one in real life. And yes, Too bad their gone.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Udo.Are you going to release that 2000? And what plane are you working on now?Also, where did you get the pictures to base your drawings on for the SAAB 2000?

Guest PhLem

I am planning on releasing it, only don't know when. The paint was done by someone else for me since I cannot yet paint properly. He is really good. He has also made another paint for the Saab, but that is a secret until release. The pictures for reference can be found on www.airliners.net or any other site with airliner photo's.Udo.:-waveP.S.I am assisting on a Boeing 738.

Guest cwright

Fabio, welcome. I hope you enjoy designing planes with Gmax as much as I have! Best regards, Chris

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Chris.Thanks. I have been reading Hugh Shoults' gmax tutorial, at http://www.simviation.com/gryphon/tutorials/gMax_00.htm and have been progressing on my first "test" airframe, a plane I chose just so I could learn gmax. We will see how close to the real thing I get ;-).See you around the forum.