Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Recommendations needed

Okay, I'm looking for recommendations for an add-on aircraft in the large single/twin area, to get for FS (either 9 or X).Would prefer a pressurised turbo for the alt and speed advantages and long range would be nice too. Something along the lines of the stuff by FSD International or Flight1, Cheyenne, PC-12 or 441 conquest perhaps.Anyone got any particular recommendations, or even stuff I should avoid?Any suggestions welcome.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Honestly for me I still love the Flight 1 Cessna 421... A rather cool turboprop alternative is FSD's Avanti which is always an interesting sight in real life. -John

All of the ones you mention are exceptional FS2004 aricraft - and the two which John mentioned also.The Avanti is the fastest and highest - but easy to overspeed if you push it too close to the barber pole.The Cheyenne is high and fast - easy to handle on final - best to land from the VC.The Conquest is also high and fast - great handling - great tutorials flight.The PC-12 is among my favorites. Two things bother some folks - a realistic GPS which does not have a moving map, and a nose down attitude on final - which is realistic. Real good low and slow when you need to make a tight landing.The 421 is the best piston twin in my opinion - pressurized - high high cruise altitude - very good speed.I can't help you narrow it down any, except the PC-12 is the newest/ latest developed, and the Cheyenne, Conquest and 421 Golden Eagle all date back to FS2002.

Thanks guys, some useful info there, exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Anyone else feel free to chip in with suggestions by the way!I guess how recently the thing has been modeled will also be a factor, since all the payware devs are constantly raising the bar in an attempt to outshine one another, so that's a good point too.I do like the PC-12, but I must say that with failures enabled, twin engines over water might swing it for me, then again, I might end up with more than one, probably (hides from wife LOL).

Alan Bradbury

Even though the Cessna 421 is among the oldest payware titles, it's still up there in my book--possibly because it comes from the steam gauge genre which can withstand the test of time better than aircraft with more sophisticated systems to model. I'd buy it again today, as is.John

The Aeroworx Super King Air B2OO is, by far one of the best twins around. It's worth a look, the aircraft comes with some nice features. From the web site "To add to the realism, the B200 has realistically animated wipers, control surfaces, and an aircraft maintenance module that monitors engine hours, airframe hours, oil usage, tire wear, engine wear, and prop wear.""The pilot can replace/repair engines (when damaged by hot-start), props, engine oil, tires, gear and flaps (gear and flaps are damaged if extension/retraction speeds are exceeded) via the maintenance module"Check it out here. http://www.aeroworx.com/b200.htmlBTW, an FSX version is on the way, free upgrade for FS9 users.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorSaitek AV8R-01 Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Gotta go with the Digital Aviation/Aersoft Cheyenne as first recommendation, followed by the Aeroworx B200 King Air. These planes both handle exceptionally and look amazing in the pit and out. The B200 is a little more difficult to land and may take some getting use to in that area. The Cheyenne is a perfect plane to land, and you can go back after some time away and not botch the landing like you might in the B200. The other thing is the GPS. Although the GPS in both is limited, the Trimble in the Cheyenne mimics a lot of the real world features and allows for SID/STAR use. You have some flexibility, but you must read the real Trimble book to understand how to use it. The Aeroworx B200 is a basic GPS built on the MS GPS. You can't really do much with it, so to me the Trimble wins.I had both the PC-12 and 441. I refunded them both. They were lacking IMO in terms of cockpit visuals, mostly the PC-12, but I really just hated the FDEs. They both climb like crazy even if you have flaps 0 and drop the throttle to idle. I just hated the way they handled, realistic or not.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Thanks for all the replies on this guys. You might be interested to know I've gone for two, the Cessana 441 Conquest II and the B200 King Air. Twin engines and high cruise speeds/flight levels won in the end.Of course, we all know I'll probably end up with all of them LOL!Chock

Alan Bradbury