Sign in to follow this  

N1234 is a Cessna Twin Cessna ???

How do I change the ATC designation of my aircraft?It currently says "Continential21 is type Cessna Twin Cessna 4,100.".How do I make it say something custom like "Continental 21 is a Delta Foxtrot 150 at 4,100"? I want to find a way to change the "Cessna Twin Cessna" designation to something more accurate, or perhaps leave it out.Any ideas?ThanksEnrique

Guest bones

If you have the ATC_TYPE as a Cessna and the ATC_MODEL as any Cessna Twin e.g.ATC_TYPE=CESSNAATC_MODEL=C421then all you are going to get is Cessna, Twin Cessna. For some reason FS2002 doesn't have any of the Cessna twins identified by name - except for the C336 and C337..You could change the first line to ATC_TYPE=none and it will make ATC just call you a Twin Cessna, but it's not an ideal solution.For more info about callsigns have a look at http://homepages.mcb.net/bones/04FS/fltsimcf.htm

>For more info about callsigns have a look at >http://homepages.mcb.net/bones/04FS/fltsimcf.htm You have a very clear and well done explanation of the topic.You might however, wish to update the page to let folks know about the availablility of two tools:The hard way:MS ATC_Voicepak_SDK.exe (available at MSFS Support website)The new, and EASY way:editvoicepack10.zip (available in AVSIM File Library)

Guest bones

Heh, heh. Yes Bill, I admit I took one quick look through the Voice SDK and realised I would have to give up my job, wife and cat to learn how to use it..I'll have a look at EditVoicePack shortly. Thank you indeed for the pointer.BTW I have written several other FS2002 tutorials/articles on the same web site - link below.Have you got your prop rotation sorted yet? For the Tiger I just grouped the blades, hub and spinner and fiddled with the pivot until it worked.

>Heh, heh. Yes Bill, I admit I took one quick look through >the Voice SDK and realised I would have to give up my job, >wife and cat to learn how to use it.. Well, it truly isn't *that* hard, but compiling such an enormous amount of data does tend to take quite a bit of time and computer horsepower! Also, since it is so time consuming, making a small change isn't worth the bother. Until the "new" tool was developed by a talented fellow simmer, I tended to let changes accumulate for quite awhile before launching the compiler! :)>I'll have a look at EditVoicePack shortly. Thank you indeed >for the pointer. You are most welcome. Sharing for information and resources is what makes the 'net work!>Have you got your prop rotation sorted yet? For the Tiger I >just grouped the blades, hub and spinner and fiddled with >the pivot until it worked. Yes, I did get it sorted out, although I did go back and use 'linking' rather that 'grouping.' I'm not entirely sure it makes any real difference, one way or another, except that I can 'add to' a link where needed, where with groups I have to 'ungroup' before 'regrouping.' :)I am still struggling a bit with getting the three, separate 'prop assemblies' to share a common center point though... :) It's easy to 'center the pivot to object,' but rather difficult to 'center objects to each other's center...'

Guest bones

Hi Bill,I see your point but I can't remember why my own prop went together without this problem.For all three prop conditions (still, blurred, slow) I used the same prop hub and spinner and added the blades or discs as required. I'm guessing that as I just cloned the spinner/hub parts they all stayed in the same position and no alignment was necessary.

>For all three prop conditions (still, blurred, slow) I used >the same prop hub and spinner and added the blades or discs >as required. I'm guessing that as I just cloned the >spinner/hub parts they all stayed in the same position and >no alignment was necessary. Actually, I did the same thing. But, I think what happened was that I didn't center and align the prop_still assembly, before cloning the hub! Therefore, I now have three prop assemblies that aren't perfectly aligned.As I read your reply, I had a new thought. What would happen if I use an "instance" of the hub, rather than a "clone?" I'm thinking that since the "instance" is directly 'ghosting' the original, any movement of the original's axis would also be mirrored in the various "instances" of the original... ???What I'm going to do is to back space a bit, name the original hub as prop_still, delete the two 'cloned' hubs, and then get prop_still working exactly with linked blades, and then try using an "instance" rather than "clone" for prop_slow and prop_blurred hubs.