Sign in to follow this  

Blue wheels on Mike Stones 727 ahrg!

Hi all...This actually directed to Mike, but maybe it has been brought up already, and hopefully a fix is in the works.Basically...any paint scheme added to Mike Stones excellent GMAX 727 is ruined by the light blue wheel hubs.Has this been talked about yet..?I'm assuming it's a fault in the Gmax design since there does not seem to be a way of retexturing them as part of the repaint..Or did I miss something? :-)John.

Nope you didnt miss anything, we complained about the size of the wheels and it got fixed. I asked several times about the clean shiny blueish wheels and got battered for it on the other forums. I agree, the wheel textures are not assigned to any bitmap, they are part of the model and as such need to be changed in Gmax I think. Either that or have a texture assigend and used or we live with the bright blue shiny wheels forever. I e-mailed Mike twice about it and still have recieved no reply. Its up to him or maybe he would let someone else attempt a fix for it who is good with Gmax. Dunno, its not a bad add-on, it has a few minor flaws but its still sitting in my aircraft folder :)Hornit

Yeah there seems to be a general resistance to anyone who comments in anything but a positive nature about anyones designs etc.It asll gets taken the wrong way, by silly people that are just blind to constructive comment. (although some people have a bad way of putting things)Mike's design is marvelous!...he did fix the wheel sizes which was another thing that was not quite right, and that was great, but the blue wheels got left in.It is a definite error, but that's not a critisizm...I'd just like to see Mikes design be just that little bit closer to reality....especially since it detracts from what is already a great effort, a little bit..Sorry you got shouted down in the other forums, Hornit - too much of that goes on....I suspect it's alot of younger kids that don't really have a clue.I can't design or paint worth a crap, but that does'nt make me an idiot - I've been close to ALOT of 727's, and they aint got blue wheels - it's just a fact of life. And I've been flying flightsim for 20years, so I don't consider my opinion completely unworthy.Mike...if you are listening on the side, amd if you can't be bothered fixing it having spent so much time already on the initial design, why not give it to someone who knows how to fix it, and let them do it for you - it is still your design - One you can be very proud of, and that we al are very grateful for...John.John.