Sign in to follow this  

Aircraft Doors

My new A320 includes a page which displays the status of the aircraft doors. I know that it is easy to get the status of the main exit door with the FS variable MAIN_EXIT_OPEN, no problem.But how can I know the status of the other doors??For example, if you use the Project Airbus A320 and press Shift-E 2, it opens the cargo doors. How can I know if the cargo doors are opened or closed?Thanks for any info.

>My new A320 includes a page which displays the status of the >aircraft doors. I know that it is easy to get the status of >the main exit door with the FS variable MAIN_EXIT_OPEN, no >problem. >>But how can I know the status of the other doors?? Have you thought about using CANOPY_OPEN?

>CANOPY_OPEN ??? >Never saw such a variable in the SDK... Actually, it is simply CANOPY OPEN (no underscore, my error!) and is listed in the "Parameters.doc" of the SDK, just above the TAILHOOK POSITION...I haven't taken the time to test it yet, but I suspect that it is a typical 'boolean state variable.' :)

The "Parameters.doc" file shows all the variables to be used in XML. I don't code in XML, I code in C.OK, the "CANOPY OPEN" parameter is there, but the "MAIN_EXIT_OPEN" is not. So I think both variables represent the same information. The first is for XML coding, the second is for C coding.Thanks for the info anyway !!

>The "Parameters.doc" file shows all the variables to be used >in XML. I don't code in XML, I code in C. >OK, the "CANOPY OPEN" parameter is there, but the >"MAIN_EXIT_OPEN" is not. So I think both variables represent >the same information. The first is for XML coding, the >second is for C coding. The 'Parameters.doc' in the MS SDK is not exclusively for XML (in fact, too many of the ones listed do not exist in XML), but seems to be a combined list of the two.I do know that "canopy open" isn't listed in any of the xxx.h files I've examined, so it would appear that you may well be right with your hypothesis! :(But, obviously there must be a way, otherwise how can we explain the CARGO DOOR(s) and multiple EXIT(s) that have been used in other a/c???

>But, obviously there must be a way, otherwise how can >we explain the CARGO DOOR(s) and multiple EXIT(s) that have >been used in other a/c??? Yes, but that is GMAX. It uses other variables ('tags'), well I actually don't know the ones for the doors, but the gauges do have different variables, and it indeed seems, there is only one regardless of C or XML. :-rollBTW - Wouldn't PSS make everything perfect? On their A320 SD DOOR page it also shows only the main exits... ;-)

Guest bartels

>But, obviously there must be a way, otherwise how can we explain the CARGO DOOR(s) and multiple EXIT(s) that have been used in other a/c???You don't follow the evolution of FS for long, do you? Something that works e.g. for model and scenery but not for gauges is more or less normal in my experience.BTW you are both right, in XML it is CANOPY OPEN and in C MAIN_EXIT_OPEN. At least the last is not complete boolean, it is 0 for closed and goes up to 1 for open while the door opens.Arne Bartels

>You don't follow the evolution of FS for long, do you? >Something that works e.g. for model and scenery but not for >gauges is more or less normal in my experience. Arne, if that weren't true I'd be offended! :)I've been using FS since the earliest days, but have only been attempting to learn the inner secrets of FS for the last year... so no, I cannot say I've been "follow[ing] the evolution of FS for long..."I need to keep in mind that we're talking about MS here - the same idiots who put "read me before installing" instructions inside!!! a self-extracting installation zip... :)