Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

CAN I CHANGE THE FLIGHT DYNAMICS????

Ok, here comes a stupid question from the dumb ol' fueler.I hate some of the way some of my planes fly. I'm useing a force feedback version 1 stick on flight sim 2k2. Some of the planes seem like a rock trying to get them in the air. Then when I get them in the air the stick seems like I'm flying a DC-8 with no hydraulics!!! Pushing forward on the stick I think I'd have a better chance in moveing the house off the foundation!! Then it all of the sudden lets go and I'm in a steep dive for the green!!!!!! Whats up with that???? Can I go into the aircraft model and alais a flight dynamics from a different plane? Or do i have to change some values some where? If the latter which values are the most crittical?? Or is it a force feed back problem???? Some one please help the dumb ol' fueler!!!Thanks to allthe "fueler" at KROCFUELERGUY

Guest PhLem

Well, it sounds like your joystick sensitivities are playing up. Try changing them and see what happens. Changing the values for the dynamics is not recommended if you don't know what you are doing. Thrust me, I know.Good luck.Udo.:-wave

Udo,thanks for the advice. when i go into the air file what values are for the joy stick???For give me for not knowing!!! show me the fuel panel and I'll fuel it,,,,,but when it come to working on these great airplanes,,,i'm stupified!! thanks for any and all help!the "FUELER" at KROCfulerguy

Guest PhLem

To tell you the truth, I don't know about that. I know that in the aircraft.cfg file their is a section about joysticks. I have never bothered with that part since I have a yoke which does not have force feedback.Udo.:-wave

The problem may be two-fold, poor aerodynamics and/or poor ff settings. The resolution depends on what is wrong. If it is poor aerodynamics, you would need to fix the *.air and aircraft.cfg file. If it is poor ff settings, then you need to fix the ff settings in the aircraft.cfg file.If you have a non-ff joystick/yoke, try flying the aircraft without ff. Does it seems to be more stable? If so, then it may point to poor ff settings. If not, then aerodynamics may be the problem.You can certainly fiddle with both, but make sure you have backup copies of all files in case you make a mistake.