Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly1

When Cloning for Virtual Cockpit...

Guest Fly1

Got 2 questions;1) When I clone my model to make the interior group, when exporting the interior and exterior to FS2002 I get an "Explicit OBED Scaling" error, and a model the size of the Hindenburg. When I export I use Middleman which makes it a one step process, therefore not needing to rename the interior file. Most everything else works fine. 2) When in flightsim, I do not get sound in both exterior and interior. Now when I fly I get sound inside but not outside.Misc. I am also having a problem with lights not working and the main prop_still is still during flight. The prop I think forgot to rename to still_01. And the lights I might not have been able to see due to the original OBED scaling problem. Any helpful comments would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!!!!!Bob C.PS Having a virtual version of the cockpit is tooooo cool!!

Guest Milton

Hi Bob,May I suggest you try the latest version of MakeMdl. It corrected a lot of problems for me (like the lights issue), eliminates the need for middleman for the auto naming, and still gives you the option to select Options, then aircraft for the export.Same basic process, two groups, set the pivots for CoG, export as .bgl, select options, then aircraft and go.Milton

Guest Fly1

Well, after a little searching on OBED errors, I found several post's at the GMAX support FS2002 gamepack discussion forum.First set the system unit scale to meters, then set units setup to decimal inches (personal preference). Isolate each group, ungrouped it, reset the scale, then regrouped. Only had few pivot points to adjust. After that it exported fine.All sound and lights were as should be.Still using Middleman. On to the next task, getting working instruments into the virtual cockpit.Bob C.