Sign in to follow this  
PeterR

Effect file parameters for model lighting...

I've been messing around with the effects files trying to create my own for some various things, and I can't seem to nail down the paremeter or paremeters that control the ammount of light, color, and other "stuff" that are casted onto the models, such as the light reflected onto the surfaces from the beacon.Would anyone be able to tell me where I could find these parameters so that I can learn them myself, give me a link to a place with good tutorials for this, or even tell me yourself where and how to do this?

Jonathan, If you donot have it already, go to http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02DevDeskSDK00.aspb and look for the special effects SDK.. Once into it, and... you notice things donot work out the way they should be. Exit FS and restart. At least for me some times doing changes WILL NOT change in the aircraft until I restart FS.... Even if I switch to another aicraft. Doesn't sound logical, but for me it works . BTW there is a little tutorial written somewhere, written in NON-MS english... Darned if I can find it in the drive right at the moment. I think I retrieved it from the "other" site.. ( I got in !!! WOW!!! www.flightsim.com )Regards,RomanProject 737-400

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Thank you so much for you're help. I've read the SDK, but I'll give your idead about restarting FS a go.I'm still not clear on which tags specify model lighting though. I'll try searching for the tutorial you speak of on flightsim.com.

The light is controlled by these tags:{ParticleAttributes.0}...Color Start=50, 50, 50, 1Color End=90, 123, 123, 0...The numbers are RGBA (Red, Green, Blue, Alpha).Hope this helps...Claudius

I always have to restart FS when working on effects. Simply changing planes isn't reliable. When you're experimenting, it sure does slow down the process.The light that you see cast onto the plane may either be a transluscent light rendered over the area or a reflection off the plane (i.e. plane uses reflective texture).Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table