Sign in to follow this  

The brand new crj by posky

Guest Pabra

some expressions: Awesome, incredible, a feast for the eyes! I especially like the vc during nighttime with the panellights illumination (textures?)on, NOT the vclight, which I disabled in the aircraft.cfg. However with these panellights on (and instrument lighting) both wing landinglights go on and then I get that annoying whitewash on the tarmac. Way too bright. They seem to be coupled to the panellights someway; turn them off and the panellights go out. Is there a way to disable those wing landinglights? The noselight suits me just fine.THXPaul

>However with these panellights on (and instrument lighting) >both wing landinglights go on and then I get that annoying >whitewash on the tarmac. Way too bright.From what I've read elsewhere, no, there's no way to disable the landing lights/panel lights tie...I've always been puzzled why many designers have the landing/taxi lights so darn white!, and far too bright. Frankly, I can see better without the lights at all...I've chosen to use more of a 'greyish-yellow' tint to the landing/taxi lights I'm designing, and thus far I really like them!

Guest PhLem

I think that is a matter of taste. Also in real life, those spots deliver a lot of light. So some try to make it realistic as possible. Designers can't always please everyone, it stays a compromise.Udo.:-wave

>>I think that is a matter of taste. Also in real life, those >spots deliver a lot of light. So some try to make it >realistic as possible. Designers can't always please >everyone, it stays a compromise. Hi Udo,As a Real Life pilot, I'm well aware of the lighting brightness! :) But, RL doesn't have to comply with the limitations of an FS2k2 environment either... If the lights are so bright that they completely obscure the taxiway/runway markings and surface, that's a long cry from realism, don't you think?I'm more concerned with utility; if the pilot is blinded, it most often leads to an unhappy ending of a flight... :)

Oh well yes, but with LDG lites on, I can even see worse than when they're switched off... I really don't think the graphics engine of FS does really 'illuminate' the ground... It just makes it darn white. No actual illumination, the original ground colors just vanish and you can't recognise any taxiway/runway markings anymore.Etienne :-wave

Guest PhLem

Yes, FS does impose some limitations. Too bad though, I am sure DirektX can apply better lighting than that. And Bill, I agree with you, but as I stated, it is a compromise and a matter of taste. I will keep it in mind when doing the lights on mine.Udo.:-wave

>>Yes, FS does impose some limitations. Too bad though, I am >sure DirektX can apply better lighting than that. >And Bill, I agree with you, but as I stated, it is a >compromise and a matter of taste. I will keep it in mind >when doing the lights on mine. I've just finished 'tweaking' the taxi & landing lights, after installing an entirely new wing assembly today and 'freezing' the design to eliminate accidental changes... :)Unfortunately taking pics at night just don't do so well, but I managed to 'tone down' the taxi lighting to a very light yellow-grey, that allows the pilot to still see the taxi lines, hold short lines, etc.Switching on the landing lights is set to be about what you'd see in a car when you hit the high beams; brighter, and longer throw, but even so, the two lights don't totally wash out the scene.Most of the a/c I've got in my hanger have lights so bright you may as well shut your eyes - or stare at a blank, white sheet of paper... :)