Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhLem

Saab 2000

Just felt like posting that I'm alive, and so is my project :)It's been a few months, but I did some more work on the Saab 2000, tweaking the windows again. I also exported it for the first time today. Udo Lemmob, who was also working on a Saab 2000, advised me at one point that the prop spinners wouldn't export for him the first time, and...funny thing, they didn't work for me either. I also have a bunch of bleed problems...guess you can't do overlapping parts, huh? Anyone know of a good way to join a wingroot and a fuselage to avoid bleed problems without having to do major reworking?Anyway, here's a screenshot of the plane in FS2002. Lots to go, but I'm enjoying the work.http://www.gatewayair.com/hangar/images/s2000-11.jpgMatt

Guest PhLem

Matthew my man, good to hear from you again. Glad you didn't abandon the Saab. Mine is coming along nicely now. Flight testing has now begun and I still need to texture some of the parts. It has been a long way and still some work to do. I will surely be one of the first to order your plane :-hahWell, nice to see you back, my man. And glad you still remember me !!Udo.:-wave

Guest PhLem

This is how it began. Too bad I lost the very first screenshot of it. I can remember when I posted it in the screenshot forum I was laughed at. They should see her now }>Udo.:-wave

That looks really good. You know, I had seen some shots of yours recently from above/behind/to the left, and part of my motivation for continuing work on mine was that I thought I could do better than yours. Seeing this new pic, though, I'm not so sure (8-| That looks pretty darn good to me.Well, I guess I'll just have to work harder now. I've got some ideas for details that will probably be different from yours, so I'll keep working. I just have to stop tweaking the windows and work on some other part of the plane already!Take care,Matt

Guest PhLem

You really need to go on, Matt. I haven't perfected the model, it looks good but is not the best out there. Maybe version 2 will be the best. Your nose looks a lot better then mine, I assure you. And the engine pods have been made out of 2 pieces, since I couldn't make them as nice as yours. There are also some small surprises on mine, but I won't tell, you will have to wait for release.....Udo.:-waveMoments before touchdown at Prestwick.