Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peewee1

Starting things dark

Guest Peewee1

Hi Everyone,As a newbie working on a panel for the first time using that great prog. FS Panel Studio, I am at the point of looking at a way to have a gauge appear in an "off" state when the panel opens. I have not designed the gauge,that's beyond me yet. I have positioned a wx radar gauge into the main panel bitmap but it is "on" at start up. Is there an editor that converts the gauge file into something that I can edit?, or do I need programming skills for this? Next question is, how do I then get a switch to power up the gauge ?All ideas appreciatedKen

Guest Eugen

Hi,Is it a xml gauge or c gauge ? You have the master avionics switch in the xml, check for example Matthias Lieberecht's impressing Avro Arj with a complete xml panel, you can find it within the download area.BrgdsEugen

Guest Peewee1

Hi Eugen,Thanks for your replyThe Gauge is a FS98 weather radar. So I assume it will be a C gauge.Please understand that I am just starting out with this. When people talk about codes I assume that they mean C++ or similar. If so then does that mean I will need to get the C++ programme and some training books as I am only moving existing gauges around at the moment?

Guest Peewee1

Hello Mathias,Thanks also for your reply,I have looked at the link you gave me. However, I am cheating slightly at the moment and simply moving gauges from other panels into my one. This for my own use. I am trying to get a panel that looks right to my eye. As we all are of course. I have no knowledge of programming in either C++ or XML. Please don't think me an idiot but I think that I will have to get a grasp of these programmes to do more than simply move gauges around . Is that the case? If so can you tell me what I will need?

As Matthias mentioned about the link.. You can use XML ( not C++ ) easily to manipulate things relating to C type gauge (I.E> power ). In my opinion as C /C ++ is totally foreign to me, XML can be learned quickly without too much... Minimumly a text editor is all that is needed. XMLgau01.zip here at the library is the primary source of information, and the panel SDK can help too.[link:zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02DevDeskSDK00.asp|Panel and Gauges SDK]Regards,Roman[link:www.jspanels.com]Project 737-400

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

>As Matthias mentioned about the link.. You can use XML ( not >C++ ) easily to manipulate things relating to C type gauge >(I.E> power ). In my opinion as C /C ++ is totally foreign >to me, XML can be learned quickly without too much... >Minimumly a text editor is all that is needed. XMLgau01.zip >here at the library is the primary source of information, >and the panel SDK can help too. Unfortunately, many of the .gau files aren't tied to the electrical buss, but seem to be 'hotwired' to the battery, therefore making it impossible to turn 'em off! :(Even the delightful "Radar Gauge" of Eric Marciano defaults to the "ON" position, and is similarly hotwired to the battery. You can turn it off, but it will be ON again when you reload the panel.Since it uses vector graphics, you can't even "cover" it with a darkened mask, to simulate an off condition... :(

Guest Peewee1

Hello Roman,Thanks for that. I will download and check what the file says. I'll hold you to the fact that XML can be learned "quickly" Thanks again

Guest Peewee1

Hello Bill,Thanks for your post. I am using FS Panel Studio simply to move gauges around and onto "my" panel. It does not say who the original author of a gauge was but I'll search under Eric's name to see if it is the same gauge. My panel is for my own use at present so copyright details are maybe not an issue at present.This panel thing is really quite addictive.