Sign in to follow this  
Guest bones

OK...Now the noob is confused..please help me export pr

Hi guysok..I have created a basic model and I want to test it on FS2002 Pro.I hit the export button and save as tractor.mdl then it gives me an error saying:FS models are specified in meters, the model is not stored in meters but exported file will be in meters. Check dimesions of model are correct.I have already set my units to metrers and rescaled my plane to the right size before hitting Export.I click OK and it carries on and comes with a little window that says "makeMDL" and it asks me for co-ordinates of scenery. I went to options and set the model to "aircraft" then I hit Start and it carried on and made the mdl.I made a dir in FS/Aircraft called Tractor. I copied/paste a cockpit and sound folder of the C-182.. I copy/paste the C-182 aircraft.cfg and change "title" and "sim" to tractor. I copy the C-182 air file and rename it to tractor.air and put it and the aircraft.cfg in the main tractor folder.I copy paste a model.cfg and edit to say [models]normal=tractorand put it along with the tractor.mdl in the Model folder.Now I went into FS..select Aircraft but my tractor is not there. I searched this fotum and I tried everything but the only thing that changed is that I am now more confused then before.What are SDKs? I saw mention hat I should get the Aircraft SDK...what is it for?What did I miss when trying to export the plane and what did I miss when trying to see it in FS?Any guidance appreciated.Take careMike

Guest PhLem

Did you also change the name of the air file in the aircraft cfg file ? If you didn', that may cause trouble. My way of doing things is just to copy a complete aircraft folder. In your case just make a copy of the Cessna folder and call it Tractor. Put the mdl in the model and change the name according to your mdl name. In the aircraft cfg change the name of the manufacturer and the type of aircraft. You can leave the air file as is since it just a test. When you are advanced further you can rename it, but it is not important for testing purposes.Hope this helps.Udo.:-waveP.S.Also leave the texture folder as is. You don't need the textures, but FS might not display your plane if there is no texture folder. Just a guess !!

Where do i change that? I have changed the title and sim in the cfg but that's it.Here is my aircraft.cfg the beginnig of it.[fltsim.0]title=tractorsim=tractormodel=panel=sound=texture=kb_checklists=Cessna182S_checkkb_reference=Cessna182S_refatc_id=N700MSui_manufacturer=Cessnaui_type=C182S Skylaneui_variation=White with greenvisual_damage=1description=When Cessna saw how well their Model 180 was selling, they looked for a way to make it an even bigger successs the answer was the Model 182. The Cessna 182 Skylane feels and acts like a heavier, more powerful version of its sibling, the 172 Skyhawk. The airplane is a workhorse and a stable platform for flying on instruments. Even with a full tank, the 182 carries a family-size useful load and performs admirably as an aerial sport utility vehicle.[fltsim.1]title=Cessna Skylane 182S IFRsim=Cessna182Smodel=panel=ifrsound=texture=kb_checklists=Cessna182S_checkkb_reference=Cessna182S_refatc_id=N700MSMike

Guest bones

Read my reply to you on the other thread - I've just explained all this ...