Sign in to follow this  

Oleksiy Frolov's Dash 8 repaint question

>I have started to repaint Olesiy's Dash 8 but I have hit a >wall. >How do you get proper writing on the sides as they reverse >from one side to the other? >OK...did that question make any sense at all? The short answer is that you cannot. You would have to have the original files to create new UVW mapping for the fuselage. It's a cheap shortcut when folks simply use the same image but simply mapped in reverse for the second side, especially considering just how easy it is to paint one side, then copy-paste a new layer and flip it for the second side (making them exact), and then adding the lettering in a separate layer, which in turn can be copy-pasted to the opposite side... It takes longer to type it than to do it! :)

Hi folks !A bit longer answer - is that to paint something on the fuselage, which must not be mirrored at the opposite side, you have to use decall texture, found in texture folder. It is mapped to show the texture, which differs at the left and right sides. You may also give me a mail to dash8@programmer.net for more details.Oleksiy