Sign in to follow this  

Autothrottle and Autopilot

Being so accustomed to the autothrottle disengaging when the autopilot is disengaged in FS 2000 and earlier generations, I've noticed several of my downloaded aircraft in FS2k2 requiring A/T to be disengaged although the A/P already has been disengaged. Is this standard practice? I think it is if I remember correctly what a Northwest 747-400 Captain said about the situation.It's a "card" to land and "continue hauling the mail" while frantically getting to the A/T to disengage it, get reverse thrust activated, and stand on the brakes! My last load of passengers got off with bloody noses and were mumbling under the breath about the impressive brakes! One poor lady fell off the water closet and got lodged between the "said item" and wall (She got a bruised hip, but no bloody nose!).

Hey, I'm no pilot but don't get to the forums too often so like to respond when I do get in here. I believe if you D/C the A/T the A/P will hold the last throttle setting until YOU change it. Provided the weather is not too heavy you can D/C the A/T at about 2 miles DME and it'll hold that setting steady. At about 50 feet (depending on the plane) I use my throttle lever to cut power a bit and glide her down. If the weather/wind IS a bit too heavy for that (i.e. shears) I usually keep the throttles to myself anyway (or you can set them for the higher end and hope to make it through any shears you may encounter in the last 2 miles:-) )

Swanny, . . . thanks! I am quite flexible and can pick up quickly what the flight systems like for the particular aircraft or panal.See ya!Captain