Sign in to follow this  

XML-Gauges Homepage

Guest harry3

Hi!Some time ago, I've read about somebody in this forum who wanted to make a Homepage for XML-Gauges. Where as much XML-Gauges as possible are uploaded and were information about this gauge-programming technologie is found!For discussing, AVSIM Online is the best, but the idea with the homepage was a good one. But who was it? If many developers would also upload a discribtion on how his/her XML Gauge is built and working, many new developers will be glad to have this help and the "old" ones could also find some new or other ways to programm a gauge.Best regards,Harald :-)

>Hi! >>Some time ago, I've read about somebody in this forum who >wanted to make a Homepage for XML-Gauges. Where as much >XML-Gauges as possible are uploaded and were information >about this gauge-programming technologie is found! >>For discussing, AVSIM Online is the best, but the idea with >the homepage was a good one. But who was it? >>If many developers would also upload a discribtion on how >his/her XML Gauge is built and working, many new developers >will be glad to have this help and the "old" ones could also >find some new or other ways to programm a gauge. >>>Best regards, >Harald :-)

>>Hi! >>>>Some time ago, I've read about somebody in this forum who >>wanted to make a Homepage for XML-Gauges. Where as much >>XML-Gauges as possible are uploaded and were information >>about this gauge-programming technologie is found! Gads! This my THIRD try to post a damn reply to this message!Anyway, that was me...

Just a little idea, nothing major.. If one would go through the archives and get the tidbits ( major/minor) and make a list of them, links or articles themselves and write a bi-weekly ? / monthly ? newsletter and upload it to the AVSIM library.. Or even better yet, hook up with the AER http://www.avsim.com/aer/aer_main.htm right here??Great Idea, all for it. But... Sorry ... no can help on the web page stuff.P.S> Just think... What if FS 2004/5 doesn't support C type gauges..Regards,Roman[link:www.packers.com]GREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest harry3

>>P.S> Just think... What if FS 2004/5 doesn't support C type gauges..<

>I don't want to make the whole website, but I can make some >sites of explaining the XML-gauges I've done. And if >everybody would write just some lines about there gauges, >then there would be a really big archive of gauge-design in >XML. May I suggest that those who're interested simply send me whatever they want to contribute, and I'll put it up on my website?I don't have a lot of time to create content, but it only takes a few minutes to update a website and indexes... :)

Guest harry3

I'm not the totally expert in XML-questions, but of course I could write something about some of my gauges! Maybe starting with an easy one like a Seatbelt-Sign-Switch or a SimIcon...Regards,Harald

I'm all for this kind of website too, and I also believe the C gauge to become a thing of the past. I just hope Microsoft DON'T allow protection of xml-gauges and their content, because it would ruin what I believe is the basic idea behind it: Open-ended and share-friendly.Feel free to use any of my stuff in original or modified form. But maybe change stuff that uses personal parameters that may not be obvious to everyone :)