Sign in to follow this  

Gauge Installation - ATR 42-500

I installed an aircraft this morning and the designer cautioned not to overwrite gauges that came with the aircraft to the main gauge FS 2k2 folder. Some gauges were missing when I started the aircraft in FS 2k2. Would a successful solution to this be to set up a gauge folder under the specific aircraft and install all the aircraft gauges there? Thanks.

As far as I know, no.What the designer means is that you should extract the gauges into your gauges folder, but don't overwrite any pre-existing files. So if you don't have an asdfgh.gau file, you should install the one in the package. If you have an hsi.gau file, don't install the one in the package.The easy way to do this is just to copy them all in with windows. Windows will not overwrite any file without first asking you. Just answer no all the time.If you don't have WinXP, and you're using WinZip to extract the files, make sure the checkbox for "overwrite all files" is NOT checked, and go ahead and extract all the .gau files to the gauges folder. Again, it will ask you before overwriting any files; just answer no.If this doesn't do it, I'd double check that the gauges you are extracting are going to the right place.Matt

Matt, . . . I am running Windows XP. I opened the ZIP and did the copy approach. In this situation, when prompted to overwrite, I chose "no" if any differences existed in the file, i.e., file size, date, etc.Will check again, . . . I rarely have an issue, . . . just may have missed something this time.Thanks.Captain