Sign in to follow this  
Guest InBetween

Startup smoke effect

Guest InBetween

Red,The default firework shows use a "controller" effect. Thus with one (smokesystem) entry referring to a controller that contains four effects(one for each engine, with starts "delayed" appropriately) it might be coordinated if the auto-start "ctl+E"was used?This would take a lot of trial and error work!:(Do you have the MS SDK for effects? Lots of info, a few typos..I haven't tried this, but the concept sounds OK; I am working on some radial engine startup smoke effects, this controller concept would be useful on twins..Good luck!JR

if i got your idea right, the problem is that in the "smokesystem" of the ac.cfg you have to specify the exact place of the emmiter. so, the xml gauge could produce 4 different startups without a problem, but fs2k2 would just show eng1 smoke go on and off 4 times :Dgreez-l-

IM ALL WRONG...sorry, cant even read :Dok....i got the idea right now. and i think i like it a bit :Dso, in the fx file u want to change the delay-times to synchronise with the engine spinnup-time.... great idea.......im goin to try, and try and try ..... :Dgreez-L-

Guest InBetween

Red,RE the XML gauge that would turn on the (smokesystem):The gauge would have to control the smoke totally, to keepthe startup smoke from re-activating at the wrong time...?In the case of the radial engine effect I am working on, the gauge checks for: speed below 4 ktsrpm above 5CHT below 40coil temp below 30cThis allows for cold starts only, but also prevents the effectfrom coming on again at shut down.....The idea is, when using delays with four smoke.x entries, I think the gauge must turn on (smokesystem) once and only once...If this were a piston engine, the default start smoke couldbe used, changing the "fx_engstrt.fx" file contents to the desired one for each different AC...a pain, but less work..?Maybe the gauge could fool the sim into thinking the jet wasa prop just for startup, then back to jet?Good luck!JR