Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

Arirfile Specifics

Hi Everyone:I'm working on tweaking the airfile to Mike Stone's B757-200. For some reason, on my system, the aircraft is always coming in nose heavy and down a few degrees below the horizon, many times striking nose wheel first despite my best efforts to control airspeed and flap settings as published in the manuals. I was slowing to something like 100 knots indicated on final with full flaps and 33% fuel load.......there's no way that's correct, the cessnas were passing me by and ATC was getting all over my case to keep up the airspeed!Anyway, I fixed the airspeed issues by adjusting incorrect weight settings in the .cfg file, and the nose down attitude is a bit better as a result, though I'm wondering if there's a way to more specifically adjust this nose-low attitude by adjusting the center of gravity or some other parameter. Please help! When I finish, I will upload the modified airfile into the file library.Thanks in Advance, Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello Alex.I have just started messin around with AIR files, so maybe someone else can help you in a better way, but here is what I can suggest:In the Tunning section (accessible both through Flight Sim's FSEditor, or through the aircraft.cfg) there is a variable called Cruise Lift Scalar. It is set at 1.00, most likely, and controls the pitch attitude in cruise flight, so that your plane can behave like the real thing. I do not know what it does at slower than cruise speeds, but you may give it a try.You may also change the incidence of the wing, but I have to make a big warning here: BACKUP THE ORIGINAL FILE! This can be an extremelly sensitive variable. To give you an example, the plane I am working on now has the incidence set at .346. At .347 or .345 it is absolutelly unfliable! So be careful, experiment, and don't get disappointed, it may take some time.

>You may also change the incidence of the wing, but I have to >make a big warning here: BACKUP THE ORIGINAL FILE! This >can be an extremelly sensitive variable. To give you an >example, the plane I am working on now has the incidence set >at .346. At .347 or .345 it is absolutelly unfliable! So >be careful, experiment, and don't get disappointed, it may >take some time. Don't forget Fabio, that you can insert commentary anywhere you like as follows:wing_incidence=1.499634 //original value: 1.489532BTW, where is this wing_incidence=0.346 ???In my aircraft.cfg file, it is set as indicated above for real; the //original value: is just a bogus comment I inserted for illustration... :)

Fabio:Thanks for your input, I'll experiment with the cruise lift scalar until or unless I learn of anything more specific.Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Bill.I had to change the original value to fit changes I did in the original file. The resulting wing incidence is the only one that fit. But again, I am far from getting close to being done :-), so it all may change, mostly now that I have the coordinates for the visual model origin.And yes, you can input comments, but I do not use a text editor to change the aircraft.cfg. rather, I use MS's FSEditor, and there you cannot input the comments, so I rather backup the AIR file, change it, and if it doesn't work, voila, I can just open the old one and copy and paste ;-).