Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eurosky

Cockpit Views - Help!!

Hi,I have seen alot of snap shots of aircraft that look over the wing. How do I change the "left" and "right" views to look over the wing of the aircraft? Is this done in the panel configuration or in the aircraft configuration file?Thanks,

Tom,It is done in the panel.cfg file. If you are modifying a panel that already has left and right bitmaps associated with it, just edit the associated panel.cfg file and change the bitmap file name references to the names of the new bitmap filenames you want to use instead - making sure, of course, that the new view bitmaps are in your panel folder. Be advised, however, that afterward, your panel will show only the new views - unless you change the file references back to their original references. If the current panel that you want to modify does not yet have left and right side views, it is a little more involved. You have to create from scratch all of the appropriate sections in the panel.cfg file. These consist of entries in the Windows section to allow the desired Fixed Windows, entries in the Views Section to describe the direction you want to look out for each of the viewing directions you want to add, and the addition of separate Fixed Window sections for each of the pertinent windows you want to add. I suggest you look at the panel.cfg file for a panel that already had side view images and pattern your new one after one of those. Good luck,Stan V.

Albert,Your question is not clear to me. I am not exactly sure what you are really asking. Assuming you have or can get the bitmaps for the sample pictures, and you are asking what is necessary to use those same aircraft views in another aircraft, you first have to "condition" your copy of the bitmaps for use in FS2002. You do this by saving them to your disk and editing them with a program like MS Paint. Note, because the bitmaps you showed are probably copyrighted by someone else, this advice pertains only to your personal use of the modified bitmaps. You are not free to upload the result for others to use. Paint over all of the scenery with a black color (color 0) leaving just the visible airplane parts as they are. That will allow the FS scenery to show through your bitmaps. These modified bitmaps then become the images you want to reference in your modified panel.cfg file as I outlined in my earlier response.I hope this answers your questions. If you are instead asking where to find different wingview bitmaps for the airplanes you mentioned, I'll have to plead ignorant. I simply don't know.Stan V.

Guest Eurosky

Hi,thanks for help, but I have already got what I wanted. As you can see in the attachment it is the wing of my 777 KLM.