Sign in to follow this  

strange xml gauge?

Guest Eugen

Hi,I have done a rmi gauge in xml but it I get some very strange behaviors that half or sometimes the whole compass rose disappearI include a image of the rmi. Anyone having any ideas that might be wrong?BrgdsEugen

Guest bartels

Is it placed on the edge of the panel bitmap? If yes would the rotated bitmap of the compass rose hit this border sometimes? This can be one resaon. Another could be too narrow spacing to adjacent gauges.Arne Bartels

Guest Eugen

Hi Arne,I have removed all gauges from the panel except this one.I have striped my xml code to just contain the following.(A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) /-/And it still behaves the same. Including an other image.

Eugen, What may be happening is the ROSE.bmp is too large when rotated in one direction. Find the hypotenuse 2 /,, (98.99). Now assume the card is rotated 45*. So at your 99, 150 the measurments of the hypotenuse 2 / +/- the position (Corners)will see if it is overlapping the backround (198,246)..Top position-- 150 - 98 = 52 Not less than zero... OKRight position-- 99 + 99 = 198 TOO CLOSE TO THE WIDTH -- ????Bottom Position-- 150 + 99 = 249 GREATER THAN 246 -- PROBLEM !!!Left position -- 99 - 99 = 0 TOO CLOSE TO THE ORIGIN -- ????Maybe just try fixing the bottom first..To fix the bottom problem you may want to try a: in your case maybe just: To fix the L/R possible problems maybe reduce the bitmap size to 148,148 or something like that... Forgive me if wrong, I had this problem and it was not a placement thing.. If a bitmap is rotated without a ( Which would then define borders ) and fall off the edge of the backround WHAM !! 1/2 a bitmap.. or less. Regards,Roman[link:www.packers.com]GREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest Eugen

Thanks Roman,That was the problem with the sizing of the background bitmap. I increased it with 10 pixels, I think it seems to work now, haven't done any extensive testing, Yeah I have a mask image as well...I have a bad conscience about your xml browser, I am heavily involved in some proposals at work which takes a lot of my time having a negative impact on that so I am sorry I might not be able to contribute in a near future.Anyway I 'll really appreciate your support and dedication to help us newbies out in the xml world :-)Btw did you have any comments regarding my last post about the strings ?Best regardsEugen

Or you can just implement clipping within the gauge, such as: (A:NAV1 OBS,radians) /-/I have NO idea what it does, or where I first found out about it, but it does seem to work :)