Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

HELP with ATR models that won't taxi

I posted a request for help on the general forum yesterday and had one suggestion which unfortunately had no effect.Basic problem is that I have downloaded both the FSC ATR42-500 from 'Bear's Awards' on Avsim and David Durst's ATR42/72 Panel/Aircraft v.6.0. In both cases neither aircraft taxis. After starting engines, releasing parking brake and pushing throttles forward....nothing happens...the props are wirring round but the bird just sits there. If I use other aircraft, either prop or jet, I have no problem taxiing. I am suspecting that it may be something to do with mods that I may have made in FS2002.cfg or settings in the aircraft.cfg to reduce taxiing speed, following previous Tips and Tricks published on various forums, but I really don't know.Does anyone out there know what could cause this phenomenom, as it is very frustrating not being able to use these great aircraft.:-fume Thanks,Stuart Hyett

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Stuart, . . . I had an identical problem with a Delta Livery ATR 72-212. However, my ATR42-500 in factory livery is working fine. No issues at all. My American ATR 72-212 seems slow, . . . but will fly it a few times to validate it. There probably is not a problem. Night flying on take-off seems like slow motion compared to daytime.I suggest you write to the author of your troubled aircraft and see if they respond. I have found a modest number of 100% have responded to my inquiries. That's impressive when thinking of the time they invest and not generate any revenue. Regards,Captain

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello Stuart.I have no clear idea of what this could be, but one possibility is that the propellers are in the feathered position. Try decreasing the propeller pitch by CTRL+SHIFT+F3. Hold it for a good 5 seconds to make sure they get to high rpm.