Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

C++ Compiling gauges

hi y'all.I'm looking for someone who can help me compile gauges in Borland C++ compiler; as I've no idea how to do it. I've played around with it, and i've read the sdk etc but i cant seem to do it. It's the last part of the project; i've made everything else inc. gauges; i just cant compile them.Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

I wasn't able to ever get the Free BCC compiler to make the gauges properly. They worked in FS2000 but not in FS2002. I then installed the MingW 2.95.2 compiler recommended in Dai Griffiths sd2gau12.zip tutorial. His latest is sd2gau13.zip.I haven't been actively trying to make gauges for about 6 months and I was only learning.Attached is some information I copied from the forums pertaining to using BCC with WinXP.Good Luck!

going to sound like an invalid but where are those tutorials?

Guest bartels

Available on flightsim.com. By the way the mingw32 compiler does cooperate better with the FSUIPC SDK then BCC.Arne Bartels

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi All,to help a little, there is no problem in using BCC with WinXP and compile a gauge that works on all windows versions, AND with the c0d32x.obj startup module.At least, this is the typical makefile I use for all projects. Please note that the command line tool can't link resources files bigger than 1MB. You would have to split your ressources in seceral .rc files and follow the typical command depicted in this makefile sample:======================================================================# set these variables as neededGAU_NAME=MYGAUGEADD_LIBS=ADD_OBJS=ADD_DEPS=gauges.hADD_RESS=# no more changes below# RTL, startup module and module definition file for the linkerrtl=IMPORT32.LIB cw32mt.lib uuid.libinit_module=c0d32x.objdeffile=gauges_bcc.defGAU_OBJS=$(GAU_NAME).obj $(ADD_OBJS)GAU_RESS=$(GAU_NAME).res $(GAU_NAME)_MoreResources.res $(ADD_RESS)GAU_LIBS=$(ADD_LIBS)GAU_DEPS=$(GAU_NAME).c $(GAU_NAME).h Makefile $(ADD_DEPS)RES_DEPS=$(GAU_NAME).rc $(GAU_NAME).h Makefile# the compilers and the linker with their optionsCC=bcc32CFLAGS=-O2 -w-par -q -5 -tWD -DWINVER=0x0400 -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0400CPP=cpp32CPPFLAGS=-qLD=ilink32LDFLAGS=/Tpd /c /C /Gn /x /qRC=brcc32RCFLAGS=# link the gauge$(GAU_NAME).gau: $(GAU_OBJS) $(GAU_LIBS) $(GAU_RESS) $(LD) $(LDFLAGS) $(init_module) $(GAU_OBJS), $@,,$(GAU_LIBS) $(rtl) ,$(deffile),$(GAU_RESS)# compile the gauge$(GAU_NAME).obj: $(GAU_DEPS) $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c $(GAU_NAME).c# build the resource file$(GAU_NAME).res: $(RES_DEPS) $(CPP) $(CPPFLAGS) -otmp.rc $(GAU_NAME)_MoreResources.rc $(GAU_NAME).rc $(RC) $(RCFLAGS) -fo $(GAU_NAME).res tmp.rc del tmp.rcclean: del *.resfs: move MYGAUGE.gau c:FS2002GAUGESProject1_Gauge1.gau del *.tds del *.obj==================================================================Hope this helps!

JeanLuc_,I think the info I attached was yours. :-lolThanks for the additional info and I ensured its author by including your name in my BCC tricks file!

Guest JeanLuc_

LOL! did not remember this post! So many posts here you loose track in the end.Thank you for the update and the "hall of fame" !!

ok so i make a new edit the old makefile to have that data...someone guide me through it please! simpleton terms!those sdk's tutorials lost me... :(

Well I use the makefile without the -DWINVER=0x0400... etc. and it also worx, no problems. *:-* But haven't tried BCC with FSUIPC so far (actually dunno how to... :-roll).