Sign in to follow this  

Animated XML yoke gauge

Guest AndrewW

Having a bit of trouble trying to get my head round this one...1) Not sure if I am using the correct a-vars? 2) The X value has to be tied into the Z-axis is that correct? What about the Y value? Here's what I have so far...(A:YOKE X POSITION, percent) (A:YOKE Y POSITION, percent) & Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. AndrewP.S Also looking for a TCAS gauge - I saw a really good one on the new Dash-8 project out labelled 'TCAS II' - however this has been built into the package. Anyone know of any others available? Have searched the libraries with little success...:-(

Andrew,About the TCAS gauge:If you download my rcbpn-50.zip panel from the library, in there is a TCAS gauge made by Daniel Steiner you can use (originally made for Bill Grabowski's Embraer jet).Rob

If I would try to make a movable yoke, both in pitch and roll movement, I would go for something like Either:Select pitch image of yoke based on the variable readout, then rotate this image based on the roll readout. Of course whatever 3D is present in the yoke image, will not react correct with rotation.Or, in order to preserve the 3D effect:Select yoke image based on roll input, then move the image up and down slightly to reflect changes in pitch input.Haven't done this in a while, so I'm not sure what variables to use at the moment. See the baron aileron trim on how to choose the roll picture, don't remember at the moment :)