Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

Panel Design

I would like to start out by saying that I am so greatful that there are people like you out there who design and create panels and aircraft. Not to mention the individuals who record and edit sound files to complete the enhancements to MSFS. Flying would never have been this good without all your efforts.In general, I am interested in how one would establish the positions for guages, buttons etc... in a panel layout. I have opened a panel.cfg file and assume that the numbers behind the file id's are the location and size of the guage. Is there a map or layout numbering system that one uses when designing a panel.Just curious,Rob HalmichVancouver, British Columbia

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi Rob,>and assume that the numbers behind the file id's are the location and size of the guage.Correct. The first number is the position from the left side and the second number the position from top of the Bitmap. the next one or two numbers are for the size of the Gauge. The first is the width (necessary) and the second (optional) the height of the Gauge. You find those locations with almost every Paint Programm. For example MS Paint shows you those coordinates in the lower right side of the Programm.Best RegardsMatthias

Guest Eugen

There are a few tools out there :-)CFG Edit and FS Panel studio which is the commercial version with a lot of addon fucntionalityBrgdsEugen

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Rob,there is also a short tutorial on the panel.cfg file for the most common parameters at www.reality-xp.comHope this helps!