Sign in to follow this  
Guest bartels

C-Gauges

Guest harry3

Hi!Is it possible to make gauges with Turbo C++ V3.0???If not, which software should I take?Regards,Harald

Guest bartels

I don't know. Is it able to build Windows32 DLLs? Then it might work, usually it needs reworking the gauges.h. Otherwise try the BCC or GCC alternative for the actual compiling, if the Turbo C++ includes an IDE you can still use it for editing the C files.Arne Bartels

Guest harry3

Thanks for the answers!I think it's better if I'll get the other compilers.But the way you've to write is exactly the same as in Turbo C++??But C should be C, not important what compiler, am I wright?Please excuse me for asking those silly questions, but I'm totally new with C. I even don't know the differnece between C and C++@badderjet: Of course, I've already read it. But today, the FXP Server seems to have problems. Maybe it's possible again tomorow.We'll see! And, how far do you hear?;) (as discussed on FXP???)Best regards,Harald

>But the way you've to write is exactly the same as in Turbo >C++?? >But C should be C, not important what compiler, am I wright? Yeah sure, but not absolutely. There seem to be minor differences between e. g. VC++ and BCC. The compilers also use different makefiles.>Please excuse me for asking those silly questions, but I'm >totally new with C. I even don't know the differnece between >C and C++ As far as I know C++ is just the successor of C...>@badderjet: Of course, I've already read it. But today, the >FXP Server seems to have problems. Maybe it's possible again >tomorow. >We'll see! And, how far do you hear?;) (as discussed on >FXP???) Still fiddling around with those darn BCDs. :DGood night all... :-dohEtienne :-wave

Guest bartels

The problem is that there is a standard C that all C compilers support. But there are several different "dialects" used by the different compilers. The gauges.h made by Microsoft does natuarally support a C-dialect used by the Microsoft C-compiler, so the gauges.h has to be tweaked a bit for working with other compilers. Not much for BCC, but a bit more for GCC (but a bit less for the newest GCC...), I have no idea how much for Turbo C.One word to C++, it should incorporate C completely, but if you try to compile a gauge as a C++ file (using the extensions .cpp instead of .c) withe the original gauges.h you'll find out soon that it won't work. In the original gauges.h there are some "nice" subtleties that make it incompatible with C++ in general, BCC or GCC in special... However the fs2k2gauges.h in the sd2gau13.zip is an attempt to remove all these problems. It is tested often, but it can't guarantee a cooperation with all compiler<->system combinations.Arne Bartels