Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

scripted lessons possible? recording a flight?

I'm working on a tutorial to teach some principals of instrument flying and I wanted to record an FS2002 flight, then add either verbal narration and text to be visible if the user were to playback the recorded flight. Is there an easy way to do this? I know FS2002 can record a flight, but I have no idea how to make it say certain things at a certain timeline in a recorded flight.Note: This does not have to be interactive like in the default FS2002 lessons, just "VCR like" playback.Thank you again,Enrique

>Note: This does not have to be interactive like in the >default FS2002 lessons, just "VCR like" playback. ... and exactly this is the problem. In the days of FS98, you could add text comments to a recorded flight whenever you wanted, but for now, this ain't possible anymore I'm afraid. :-(An alternative would be to make it interactive, but this will be some work, you would have to script the flight in ABL. Go to the FS Insider for the SDK.Hope I could help a bit,Etienne :-wave

Thanks for the reply.I have looked into ABL and it is waaayyy to complicated for what I need to accomplish. The time investment simply isn't justified.Do you know if there is a way to make an AVI video of the flightsim window? I remember many many years ago I had something called Lotus Screencam, but I seriously doubt that will work with FS2002, not to mention I don't have it anymore. I gather any such program would take alot of disc space and CPU time.Basically, I am looking for a VCR-like program.ThanksEnrique

I was reading a post yesterday about someone making videos. He had an ATI card and had software that came with the card to make the videos. I can't remember if it was here or at Flightsim.