Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ron Freimuth

Decompiling 747 Gauges

Guest groundpounder75

I want to fix the EPR settings for the MS 747 plane. The settings are way off. Is there a way to decompile the .gau file so I can investigate the problem? Wouls FS Panel Studio do the trick? I need some adive and help. This is driving me nuts.Thanks

The EPR information is provided to the gauge from the EPR section in the *.air file.Section 1532 *FS2K Turbine EPR EPR Scale Factor=1.000000 EPR Calibrate=1.400000 EPR Rate of Change=14.000000The gauge parameters are in the boeing747-400.cab file in your fs2002gauges folder. You can unzip this *.cab file with Winzip. The file is labelled EICAS Display.xml.You can download an *.air file editor from:AIRED - http://members.dsl-only.net/~eagle/ orFDEditor - http://www.flightsimdownloads.com/Since the gauge file is an output device for the inputs it is getting from the *.air file, I would try editing the *.air file EPR settings first. You might find that many other sections of the *.air file and aircraft.cfg file need tweaking to get the result you desire or it might be as simple at adjusting the EPR Calibration setting up/down.

Guest groundpounder75

W. Sieffert,Thank you for the timely repsonse. I appreciate the information and the tips. I am going to play with .air file and see what I come up with. Again, thanks for the information.

Guest groundpounder75

W. SieffertI have AirEd and I checked out the *.air file for the 747-400 and I didn't find any values under the 1532 section. AirEd tells me 1532 is Unkown. Am I missing something here?

Guest groundpounder75

Roman,That was the problem. I downloaded the newer version and it now works. Thanks,

Guest Ron Freimuth

>I want to fix the EPR settings for the MS 747 plane. The >settings are way off. Is there a way to decompile the .gau >file so I can investigate the problem? Wouls FS Panel >Studio do the trick? I need some adive and help. This is >driving me nuts. >Thanks Yes, EPR is really bad in FS2K and FS2K2. The only way to fix it is to write a special gauge to calculate it. The EPR Record in Aired.ini only lets you set EPR at one condition, it reads way too low at high altitudes. Ron