Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eugen

alpha channel

Guest Eugen

Hi,I have a problem, I have tried to repaint the standard attitude of the Boeing 747 cab. I have used the image tool converted the mask bitmap to 32 bit and a tga retrieving the alpha channel in psp loaded the alpha channel into my repainted bitmap the same as origin but a new color.I get this strange result with a green grey spot when when converting the tga to a bitmap? What I am I doing wrong?I found some tutorial regarding repainting aircrafts and alpha channel which I followed.Ha anyone a solution for this problem?BrgdsEugen

Guest bartels

As far as I know the gauge bitmaps can't take any advantage of any alpha channeling, with the exception of a an additional bitmap layer with a bitmap like in the boeing747-400Standby Attitude Indicator.xml and the use of Alpha="Yes". Any alpha channeling built in any bitmap doesn't apply here, it is a seperate layer adding some gradient in transparencies. The gradient is made between the 1,1,1 and 0,0,0 coloured parts of the bitmap.Arne Bartels

Guest Eugen

Arne,Sorry for being unclear, the tga with the alphachannel looks fine but when i convert the file with the imagetool to a bitmap the result is like the right one with a green grey spot it is not the flightsim it looks like that also in psp after conversion in imagetool.I think I pass with the 1,1,1 and 0,0,0 while I havent changed it in the middle....So what can I do to get rid this spot? any ideas?BrgdsEugen

Guest Eugen

Hi,Has anyone an idea how I can get rid of the spot, been trying without any success.Help would be very much appreciated :-)BrgdsEugen