Sign in to follow this  
PeterR

Aircraft Repaint Question

Hello out there!I would like to repaint an aircraft and I'm starting off with a simple idea before I go for something more grand.Here's where the problem lies... I want to put big, bold letters on the top of the wing (ie: BFU)...only half of the wing exists in the *.tga file... when I finish everything and go into FS2k2... bam!... the letters are correct on the left half of the wing but backwards on the right side of the wing.Is there a method to deal with this... or am I just out of luck?note: I'm doing all the conversions between files types... just don't know how to deal with the reversed image thing.Thanks in advance!Brad

Guest bones

Can you mirror the text you create before pasting on to the image? That's all I do (using PSP).

The problem lies in that the original bitmap contains only the left half of the wing. I'm guessing that FS2k2 applies a mirror of that texture when tha aircraft is selected...hence, it flips the text on the right side of the wing.The bitmap contains both sides of the vertical stabilizer (the tail), so I could mirror the text on that, but I was hoping to do that on the wing.Brad

Sounds like it's not possible. What aircraft are you trying to repaint?Matt

Hi Brad,The way the textures are applied to the aircraft are defined by the model. If the plane you're painting is designed to mirror the left wing texture onto the right, there's no way around it except by editing the assignment of the textures on model itself.It's a bummer, I know. :-(Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table