Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ron Freimuth

Advanced FS Data Display

Cool. Thanks for the heads up, Ron.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

Was playing with it last night. I was on the Aerodynamics page and kept looking at the TAS - 560Kts, that can't be correct, back to the Speeds page - TAS - 331Kts now that more like it, matches GPS - standard day set. What the heck!!!:-eek Opened the PDF again, OH!!! Aero page TAS - ft/sec; Speed page TAS - Kts!!!:-lolMaybe we can get Herve' to put some units by same name variables.:)

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Was playing with it last night. I was on the Aerodynamics >page and kept looking at the TAS - 560Kts, that can't be >correct, back to the Speeds page - TAS - 331Kts now that >more like it, matches GPS - standard day set. What the >heck!!!:-eek >>Opened the PDF again, OH!!! Aero page TAS - ft/sec; Speed >page TAS - Kts!!!:-lol >>Maybe we can get Herve' to put some units by same name >variables.:) A tool tip comes up if you leave the mouse pointer over the field long enough. Though I like to see the units by the number. That 'Aerodynamics' Window is all based on Engineering units. For example, CD = Thust/(Q*S). Where Thrust is in lb, S is Wing area in ft^2, and Q is Dynamic Pressure in ft/sec. I guess you need to view the 'Speeds' window to see kts. ;)