Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

FDE gurus

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey all.This is one of those questions for the guys that understand all the different numbered sections in the AIR file.I have an FDE that is working ok as far as performance goes, but I have absolutelly no drag when the gear is lowered. What section do I go to? I have AirED, or whatever the Abacus FDE editor is called, and I have increased the number in the section named for gear drag (or at least I think that's what it says), but to no avail.Also, by inputing the right geometrical parameters for the aircraft as well as engine data, the plane does not perform even close to the real one. I need a lot more speed, and had to lower the Parasite Drag to the maximum (minimum, really) of 0.50 on the tuning scale. But that means that when I take power out it takes forever for the plane to slow down. Is there a better way of tunning it? maybe increasing the horsepower and adjusting the Fuel Scalar? But that messes with CHT, and I wanna keep that as it is...As usual, the trials and tribulations we go through when adjusting flight dynamics...Any tips?

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey William.Thanks a lot, I am going to dive into this, and will let you know the results.