Sign in to follow this  

Idea...

I have a wish for a simple, prefferable XML gauge, what is invisible and monitors the engines.It should look for engine abuse. For example:- when engines run at 100% power for an x period of time, they die.- engine reliability settable. For example an unreliable engine could die below 100% running.- if possible, egt, oil temp and other readouts will go weird, causing an engine to stop.For props the gauge could play with the mixture to simulate a stuttering engine before it drops out of power.Who can do this?Johan

Huh, I just read your initial post once more, the thing with the weird EGT, Oil Temp etc. indications is possible, but there I'd have to create some new set of gauges (i. e. those indicators) since you cannot 'set' EGT etc..

badderjet: If you're truly into these things, how about priming requirements to actually get the engine starting on cold days, also slowing down oil temperature heating on cold days etc.As for priming, "all" you have to do is not set magnetoes until _your_ magneto variables AND priming is active, and the darn engine would never start ;)I just did a cabin heater system - all that is lacking now are passengers complaining about freezing their ##### off :D

Karl, Feeling cold!!!I'm very interested in that kind of systems: elec/hyd, fuel, oxygen, pressurization, pack.s, bleedair, equipcooling, window- and cargoheat etc. etc.; using some "fakes".If you want to share a bit then i will feel much obliged and may be i can do something back.RegardsPH-JVH

There is indeed a lot of "fakes" going on, and due complexity I have to not finish off the pressurization system all the way as I had intended :(Drop me an email if you're still interrested.