Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

I did some thinking (uh oh...)

I woke up this morning and I was thinking about how my VA flies quite a large fleet of aircraft, most of which I have high quality models or access to high quality models of. What I was thinking was, since I have 3 payware products that contain a fully working FMC, (PSS Airbus, DF 737, and 767PIC) could it be possible to transplant just the FMC into another aircraft, say, the CRJ-200? If not, I think it would be a really great great thing, to have a FMC that you can add to any plane. Like, you can have an installation program with either all or nearly all the aircraft that would carry an FMC, and you would select which aircraft youre installing it to (so that it has correct numbers, weights, etc.) and the directory of the aircraft. You keep the .exe to install it into whatever variety of planes you have. What do you guys think?P.S. I just realized that my FMC "transplant" idea wont work because the numbers built into the FMC are for their respective aircraft. 767 weights and numbers wont match with the CRJ's)

Yes the 'numbers' problem is indeed a problem *:-* but also things like autopilots and navigational displays. All the FMSs differ in several points... A 'general' one would maybe not have too many features.Etienne :-wave