Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Radio's. On or off?

Guest bones

I suspect FS2002 works in reverse logic as far as radios are concerned.I omitted the RADIO section from an aircraft.cfg file assuming FS would take this as "no radio kit installed". I have no com/nav gauges in the panel.cfg file either. But, flying over an airfield, I heard the unmistakable sound of a MM signal!Is it more correct to add the RADIO section to the aircraft.cfg file and zero the initial values of each line?If the answer to the above question is yes then what does FS use as the default values for the radio kit?

My ultralight (at least in this version) has only a COM radio, no transponder and no marker reciever because no IFR/ILS flying will be done (it's not allowed).Here is my radio section of the aircraft.cfg

[Radios]// Radio Type=availiable, standby frequency, has glide slopeAudio.1=1Com.1=1, 1Com.2=1, 1Nav.1=1, 1, 1Nav.2=0, 0, 0Adf.1=0Transponder.1=0Marker.1=0

You can set the status of each radio. You can get the default from looking at aircraft like the Cessna. I set Marker.1=0 I hope turned off marker. Have not heard one but then I have not flown near big apts. most of the time.There is something strange about radios because I cannot get the Schweizer radio I added to the panel to tune (numbers won't adjust). It may have something to do with STBY frequencies.Steve

Guest bones

If the Schweizer radio does not have a "flip/flop" COM display (no second frequency) then you need to change your line to:COM.1=1, 0I sorted out the problem and I was correct. If you leave the radio section out of the aircraft.cfg file everything does indeed default to ON.That means if you design a Wright Flyer you have to include a RADIO section in the aircraft.cfg with all the options set to zero!

Probably just a holdover from previous sims since there was not a radio section. Remember saying, "Jeez, I wish I could shut those marker signals off!!!"?