Sign in to follow this  

Set fuel to empty

Hi all,I need to program a gauge in xml format that allows that when the airplane is loaded in FS2002, appear empty of fuel. I have try with the following code, in a gauge that is loaded to the beginning, but it doesn't work.(A:Fuel tank left main level,percent) 0 ==(A:Fuel tank right main level,percent) 0 ==(A:Fuel tank center level,percent) 0 ==Can somebody help me?ThanksRafael

Rafael, Unfortunately there are no "writing" variables to "set" the fuel levels in FS.. It would require high level "C" knowledge and the knowledge of the FS internal program structures to do so.The variables you are using are "read" type variables.A: , P: , E: are variable types that "read" data from FS. ex (A:Variable name, unit)K: (KEY) are variable types that will "write" to to FS and can include a value in some cases. ex 12353 (>K:ELEVATOR_AXIS_SET) where 12353 gets written to the the elevator position. G:Var1 - G:Var9 are user varibles that "read">G:Var1 - >G:Var9 are user variables that "write" All G:Var(s) can only communicate with each other within a gaugeL:(user name), (unit) - are user variables that "read">L:(user name), (unit) - are user variables that "write"All L: type vars provide intercommunication between gaugess1 - s49 are variables that "write" I.E. "store". There is also a sp1- sp49 that "write" but "pop" (remove) the store from the top of the stack.l1 -l49 will "read" I.E. "load" the "store" from above. Using l and s, sp type variables have one drawback, they will return a zero after the gauge system is done scanning through a gauge and remain at zero until rewritten otherwise.About the only thing you can do is set the fuel valves to "off" when an aircraft is first loaded.Sorry guy.... but I hope this helps.Regards,Roman[link:www.packers.com]GREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Roman,Thank you very much for answer and for your precise summary of xml gauge programming.I'll try using l and s, sp type variables.Rafael

Rafael, Sorry, forgot to add that the s, sp, l type variabls are "user" type and donot read/write in to FS at all.The only way to command FS to do anything is by using a K: (KEY) type variable. These are lacated in EventsID.doc from the SDK -or- Kevents.txt from Arne's xmlgau01.zip. One note,,, not all the variables from the above documents will work in XML, most do. The above EventsID.doc is shared between "C" type and XML type programmers. And on that note you will find there are no K: type variables to alter the fuel quantity state, other than crossfeed, which doesn't work properly anyway. Truly a bummer. Maybe for FS2004 ?? PLZ MS ??? Regards,Roman[link:www.packers.com]GREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

>other than crossfeed, which doesn't >work properly anyway. Truly a bummer. Maybe for FS2004 ?? >PLZ MS ??? Crossfeeding will work fine unless you _have_ to use the main tanks. I've replaced the left and right mains with external 1 and 2, and now crossfeeding seems to work a lot better. Utilizing externals and aux tanks, combined with two four-position fuel selectors, I could crossfeed from wherever I wanted, and the results was indeed what I expected them to be - for once :D