Sign in to follow this  

Gmax and developing a Multiple Material

Gmax and developing a Multiple Material: This tutorial is aimed at showing you how to create a Multiple Material containing 20 sub-materials and use Multiple Material IDs to control them when applied to a single object created in Gmax. This can be a very handy way to map objects. It will allow you to adjust the properties of one sub-material without affecting any of the adjacent materials. The UVW map will be used as the template to develop a texture set using your favorite graphics editor. Paint Shop Pro is used for this tutorial. It's a safe bet to assume other graphics packages are also capable of this as well. You will also cover using the Listener Window to record some of the actions you take during certain steps that are handy to have automated for use as you apply multiple Planar maps to the object. I will also cover using one Unwrap UVW modifier to control all of the IDs in the Edit UVWs window and a few other Unwrap UVW actions too. If you would like this archive go to http://www.fsalpha.com/tutorials/tutorials.htmThank youFSEdge

>Gmax and developing a Multiple Material: >>This tutorial is aimed at showing you how to create a >Multiple Material containing 20 sub-materials and use >Multiple Material IDs to control them when applied to a >single object created in Gmax. This can be a very handy way >to map objects. It will allow you to adjust the properties >of one sub-material without affecting any of the adjacent >materials.Thank You!!!I came here today to ask about this very subject, as I've just now reached that point in my Socata TB20GT Project where I need to know this!!! :)I was wondering how to prevent the 'exterior paint' from being applied on the 'interior' of a fuselage (cylinder)...Talk about serendipity!