Sign in to follow this  

737-200 classic or 737-200adv panels "on the numbers"..

Hi!I would like to learn to fly the Boeing 737-200 following the correct procedures. Aircraft manuals often reffer to EPR (Engine Pressure Ratio) settings for different stages on flight. This is characteristic of the -200 series, because the primary instrument for power setting is the EPR indicaton, not N1% and N2% as on the other 737s. I did a search looking for good aircraft-panel combinations (I don't care about external look), but I still haven't found a panel which correctly displays EPR, or an aircraft that delivers the right numbers.The closest I've been was using Jon Murchison's ZK-NAC. Some of the numbers are right (mainly N1% and N2% - although indicators are reversed), but EPRs are still wrong.Does someone really interested in flying the 737-200 has found a truly accurate representation?JT8D Engines (ISA):-------------------------------Start: ignition occurs at N1=5% or N2=20%Idle: N1=33% N2=56% EPR=1.06T/O: N1=94% N2=93.1% EPR=2.03Max cont: N1=89.2% N2=90.7% EPR=1.88Crz: N1=85% N2=88.8% EPR=1.75MANY thanks in advance!!!!--Daniel R. Careri

The aero guru, Ron Freimuth, indicates the EPR adjustment in the *.air file doesn't provide the correct settings to make EPR match what is needed. He further indicates an better EPR gauges would be needed to correct this problem.Its kinda creepy when the EPR readings are below 1 and never seem to get above 1.5!

Thanks for your reply!Does that mean that the aircraft is flying correctly and the only discrepance are in the EPR diplay? Then maybe is a matter of repainting the gauges... :-) or do the needles need to move more for each EPR unit? In that case, the only solution is to program new EPR gauges. :-(I still hope someone has a full working 737-200 :-)Cheers!--Daniel R. Careri

Daniel,EPR is generated in FS2K2 (since FS2K) with an erroneous model. IAS is overestimated significantly, which results in by far too low EPR values e.g. for full throttle at low IAS. Or vice versa, the (nearly)direct) correlation between thrust/throttle setting and EPR is corrupted. Anyway, you can set somehow a maximum level for the EPR display by using section 1532 in the AIR, but this will never give you back any relevant option for thrust rating etc., utilized in the B737-200 or others (Fokker 100/70 Jets, some A320...). Stellan Hilmerby has created a nice workaround for his brilliant DC-9 panel, where EPR is much more (directly) dependent on thrust and throttle setting.RegardsMartin