Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

Vector programming?

Guest ColdBear

hi there :-hahI'm new at this stuff *:-* and I have tried a few days with XML but it's not giving me whant I want! :( Now....where can I learn about "Vector" gauge/programming?Do I need C++ for this Vector stuff?? or is Delphi alright?

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi ColdBear,as long as the drawings are done with regular Windows GDI calls with the context DC (HDC) of the element bitmap (more easily exposed now with the FS2002 SDK), you can use whatever language you want, as long as it supports Windows GDI calls (Delphi, VC++, VBasic, Borland Free Command Line Tools and many others such as LCCWin32).Hope this helps!

Guest ColdBear

many thanx :-hahcould u give me a link(if there is one) to a tutural?

Guest JeanLuc_

MSDN is a good place to start as a reference to the API. There should be a book often refered to as the bible for GDI, but I can't remember the title. A good practical starting point is at www.codeguru.com