Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhLem

A Forum without any help???

Hello there!I just need to vent a little frustration here, because everytime I want to get some serious help, my messages won't even be read by anyone.I can't understand this fact. I'm sure there are loads of competent people in this forum, so why can't even one of these persons just read my messages? Even when I use the words "Please read" in my topic, not even ONE person will read it. So, I want to ask at this point what I have to do, that my postings will be read by anyone.BestChrisThat's my original message again hoping that someone will read it now:Since the Fs2002 came out and the first people started to experiment i tried to add engine exhaust smoke to the AI Planes.I experimented with xml and I can add almost anything to the own "active" plane, including somke, wing tip contrails and all this stuff. But I never made it to add engine smoke to the "passive" AI Planes.Has anybody experimented with that? I really would appreciate some serious advise.Furthermore I would like to see the strobes also during day and not only at dusk, dawn and night. Has anybody already found a solution for this problem?Thanks for taking you the timeChris

Guest bartels

Maybe your patience is a bit short, since your original question wasn't posted long ago. And if no-one knows the answer, no-one can answer it. As fara as I know you can't add any special effects via xml-gauges to AI planes, because the only plane with a panel with possible xml special effect gauges is the one you fly.Arne Bartels

Guest PhLem

Chris,This not a place to vent frustrations, but to look for help. As statedin the first reply, if no one knows the answer, it's no use to post a reply telling you that.Secondly your post has probably been read. The number of people who have read your message will only be updated when someone has replied. This has to do with the forum programming or something.Lastly, Patience is very important !!!Take care,Udo.:-wave

>Even when I use the words "Please read" in my topic, not >even ONE person will read it. The counter for number of times the message is 'Read' is not functioning properly, and will only begin being updated *after* at least one person has replied... :(As stated by the others, if I don't have any form of answer to give, I don't typically reply... Why waste time and bandwidth saying that I don't know either? :)

O.K. guys...I guess I'm beaten...:-)I didn't mean to upset anyone. I didn't know that the counter only will be updated after the first reply. Sorry for wasting your time.But anyway, do you think it might be possible to change the original wake effect (not really useful in combination with airliners :-)) into continuous smoke (if ALT>0)? Might be a solution for this problem...What do think about that?Thanks everyone for answering :-)BestChris

Guest PhLem

You can always try it Chris. Who knows. People are discovering new things for FS2K2 everyday. Maybe your name can be added to that list.Take care,Udo.:-wave