Sign in to follow this  

Show and Tell...

Hi,4?How does this work?Avsim didn't accept my upload.phjvh

>I was flamed on another >(lame) forum for asking for a wireframe pic...aparently it >was not "allowed" because you could learn someone else's >STYLE!!! gimmme a break. I thought it was about sharing and >learning and leading or something... That's what I love about being here! I rarely bother going elsewhere anymore...There is (at least) one more thing about GMax I haven't figured out yet. I noticed that in your screenshot, the 'wireframe' is displayed over the texture. The same is true of the 'sample' gmax files supplied by MS.However, when working with the Socata in my GMax setup, the applied texture covers up the 'wireframe,' making it quite dificult to visualize. All that I can see are the individual vertices, but not the edges!What do I need to change this in my configuration???

>how dos this work?????????? >http://www.geocities.com/phjvh/logo.JPG >phjvh I right clicked on your image "box" and saw where ht e image was located. Noted the size was about 175K, cut the address and pasted into the address of a new IE window. Image appeared, saved it to my desktop, started Photoshop, loaded image from desktop, resized to 700X??? pixels, saved as a jpg with the quality set low enough to get it below the 125K limit here at Avsim. Uploaded it to Avsim and it it will vanish in two weeks.Bob

G'Morn all,This is nearly 3 months of work and not done yet. 75% there. The MCP follows all the rules of the real 734 as provided by BA 734 POH. Some interesting ones: -Bank Limit -Inital closest turn for HDG SEL then turn in direction of HDG SEL knob being turned I.E. 360* turns. -Autoland CAT II (so far) -VS Modes -N1 Modes -Certain CWS modes (still working on,, DF 737 said it couldn't be done :-) )The bitmaps need to be touched up and rest of the coding.. Taking a little break from the whole deal as sometimes it just drives me up the wall... LOL!!! Regards,Roman[link:www.packers.com]GREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Here's my Schweizer 1-26E sailplane. This is my first attempt at making a plane for FS. I think a sailplane or glider makes a great first project because there is no engine, fuel tanks, or electrical systems to worry about, making the .air file a lot simpler! Although you can't beat a power plane for lazy Sunday flights, sailplanes can be a lot of fun, too. At the soaring club where I fly (Harris Hill, Elmira, NY), we have an annual contest called "Snowbird" every Thanksgiving. The main challenge is the spot landing competition. Sailplanes try to touch down in a 10x30 foot rectangle that is spray-painted on the runway, and then come to a stop as close as possible to an orange traffic cone that sits about two hundred feet down the runway. The best pilots can touch down in that small rectangle every time, and stop within three inches (that's right, three!) of the cone. This contest can be duplicated in FS fairly easily. The screenshot shows the scenery I am working on for Harris Hill. The runway has the exact same Snowbird markings that the real runway does. I still haven't finished the scenery, so in the meantime, you could simply pick an ID number or something on any runway and try to touch down exactly on it. It's very challenging, and it's good practice for bush pilots! So anyway, back to the sailplane. The 1-26 was built to be the second ship a student sailplane pilot would fly, after the 2-33 or 2-22 trainer. The 1-26 is a forgiving ship, but it is still very sensitive on the controls, with a fantastic roll rate (for a sailplane). Six hundred eighty-nine 1-26s were built from 1955 to 1987. Some were sold as kits and others were ready to fly from the Schweizer factory. My gmax model for FS has complete moving parts, and when it is finished will be 100% texured, with reflective effects. A pilot figure with an uncanny resemblence to yours truly will be visible from spot view. The ship will have a DVC. I am a firm believer in virtual cockpits! Thanks for reading my long-winded post (my fingers felt like some exercise today), Ryan the Glidiator

Guest odog

More great stuff guys,Bill, if you right click the viewport ON the word...top,left,front it will bring up a menu,on my SS I have Smooth+Highlights and Edged Faces (that will give you the wireframe over the texture) I see the DVC is getting more popular, I think Active Camera Pro has made it more fun. I started the BD-5 with ACP in mind, Its so much fun in VC mode, being on the nose of the plane and having very little restricting your view...ACP and the Helmet Cam go together nicely.Odog

>More great stuff guys, >>Bill, if you right click the viewport ON the >word...top,left,front it will bring up a menu, >>on my SS I have Smooth+Highlights and Edged Faces (that will >give you the wireframe over the texture) Thanks! I've learned my 'new thing of the day' now, so I guess I'll goof off and fly the rest of the afternoon... :)Actually, this was the second 'new thing of the day,' since I learned how to create a TDME for a client in England at his Shoreham airport! :)He needed it to practice NDB/DME Arcs...

Guest Eurosky

Well this is my project :-beerchug

This has turned into a very interesting discussion. Here in the USA, show car clubs meet often in the parking lot of a fast-food (McDs) and show (off) and tell. Someone needs to put on there calendar to call one of these again in a months time so we can see what new (polished mag wheels) progress we have all made. ;-)Bob

i am "working" on an air tractor 802F Fireboss.

Guest cbuff

A couple of weeks ago Hornit posted an update on my first FS2002 project, a Gmax L188 Electra. I thought I would give you an idea of how it is coming along.As you can see my Electra is very close to being complete with only reflective and night textures left to do. I was slowed down somewhat by a new son who decided to come into the world a couple of weeks early:-)Anyway, this should be completed very soon and I will post it on AVSIM when it is done.Sarnac

Hey Bill!Every window has title text on the top-left corner. If you click on that text with right mouse button, a menu opens. There you can change that exact window's settings. Look at the screenshot I attached. It shows a couple of examples and the green text tells what exact setting is used in each window. The actual thing you are looking for is probably that one in the lower-left corner. Hope that helps...http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/mmniemi/shots/gaymax.jpgPs. I know the picture is way too big but I would appreciate it if it wasn't deleted by moderators. It is important to have it that big so it shows all the details I need to show correctly...