Sign in to follow this  

reading variables out of files via XML

Hi!Does anyone of you know, how to read and save variables in textfiles via XML. I think i've somewhere read about a Java-Script but I don't know how to program this.Hope someone can help!regards,Franz, Austria

Guest bartels

As far as I know it isn't possible with the XML gauges of FS2k2.Arne Bartels

Arne, Although YES I do agree with the fact that you cannot read from a XML type gauge with FS as it stands. But I also do believe it can be done. Someone with the knowledge of the .NET order of things could step in and ROCK our world. Any one have CFS3 yet to comment ?? I can bet a bushel that 3/4s of all ".cfg" type documents are now XML. The whole problem lies in the person with the knowledge to write a .dll that can do the same while still being "inside" the guage system to follow XML commands. I could write the following,, while the gauge.dll just ignores this another .dll may follow it.RomanName Is>Green Bay PackersNext Super Bowl Champs Are the>Yatta datta dotta IE etc.....The hard part is going to be is to modify a gauge.dll read potion of the XML gauge by a *.dll read portion and vice versa. P.S. I am NOT going to buy CFS3 just for the sole purpose of finding out what's next.. But wondering at the same time. Heck... " I'm not a killer, I'm a lover!" Quote: Rodney Dangerfield.... But still there is nothing better than a Merlin with 4 paddles next to your head. Audio wise there is nuthin better.P.S.S. Hey Microsoft dudes..... I know you're here !!!!! Come on... just a little tip... :-) Regards,Roman[link:www.packers.com]GREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

I have enough C++ to get me in trouble. I'm sure that a small app can be created to interface between XML gauges and FS even if it had to monitor Windows messaging and force feed the data to it. Something like pushing METAR data into a TEXT gauge. There must be some way to hook up the TEXT elements to a TEXT db source. I just can't do it or I would have already. :)Steve