Sign in to follow this  

Basic Bravo (Cessna Citation Bravo)

Hi All: Well, for almost two months I have thought I was just days away from uploading the below Citation Bravo. So, I am a little reluctant to say I am just days away from uploading this thing, but really, I expect to upload the day after tomorrow, October 29. I hope this first version, (I will continue to work on her), will not be TOO BASIC. Kaydub

UHUhuHuhUhuhUhuhuhuhUH very pretty! when it launches? it goes to have panel?

Yes, it uses Alexander Lawrence's FS98 panel with assorted gauges, including engine gauges I made. Kaydub

The panel did not twirl in mue flight simulator: ( coms entered panel of the learjet gauges of the Citation

Dear Kaydub,thanks for releasing Your CBB. I took it for a ride yesterday and must say, it's already one of my favourites. Friendly, both in framerates and flying, I am really impressed. Modellling is sufficiently detailed, ou even thought about an opening cabin door.Great work!Hopefully You will continue modelling FS aircraft... Rather than having a VC, I hope for an ULTRA (560) or a CJ1 as derivative projects...Thanks a lotTorsten

I enjoyed it as well, and second the CJ1 request... I love the single pilot Citations. I know virtual cockpits take time to add, but in the interim, it'd be great to add the virtual wings. Especially as you're enhancing the great work already done, I see that as a great chance to start the foundation for the addition of a virtual cockpit.-John

John: Regarding virtual wings, I have a version with outside views, but I need to figure out how to NOT have the wings appear in the left and right views. They should only be visible in the left rear view. I'll work on it some more. Kaydub

Torsten: Thanks for the kind words. I may make an Encore, it all depends on how the Bravo develops. Kaydub

Dear Kaydub,I wonder if there's a texture missing... should the entry stair be textured or just a plain white part?Regards,Torsten

Guest PhLem

Congratulations on your first release. Let's bring out the champagne.I will try it out later.Take care,Udo.:-wave

I think there's two ways you can keep the wings from appearing. One is easy....adjust the eyepoint forward in the aircraft.cfg...But I believe there is something in GMAX where you set the point of view, if that's the right word for it. Hopefully one of the gmax gurus will chime in with the right info. But in the meantime, try out the external wing capable model with the adjustment in the eyepoint... Just add about 10 to what's already in the first number...-John

Torsten and John Ci: I hope to do some work on it tomorrow. The airstair is not really done, but first I want to put the windshield deice vents back on. They need a little work in order to look correct from all angles. I was close, so I will probably fix them tomorrow and upload a fix. I tried moving the eyepoint forward in the .cfg file, but it put it outside of the cockpit, which meant looking toward the rear, you saw the windshield and everything. Kaydub

You have to play with the eyepoint a bit... Move it forward, but not so far as to move outside of the aircraft. And when cloning the wings for the internal view, I believe one has to make sure that they are in the same position relative to the COG as wings in the external model... There's someone here who has added wings to a Socata... I think he might be able to expand on this a bit...-John

>You have to play with the eyepoint a bit... Move it >forward, but not so far as to move outside of the aircraft. >And when cloning the wings for the internal view, I believe >one has to make sure that they are in the same position >relative to the COG as wings in the external model... >There's someone here who has added wings to a Socata... I >think he might be able to expand on this a bit... Whenever you clone the parts, unless youmove them, they are going to be exactly in the same spot they are for the [exterior] view! :) There's no magic tricks involved at all... :)As it happens, I haven't bothered with cloning parts for the [interior] view yet. I won't do that until the model is completely finished and debugged. It's just too much darn hassle to clone, group, two-step shuffle to compile, test, then delete [interior] group, ungroup [exterior], make changes... repeat process...Blechhh! I use MdlCommander and MiddleMan to save the trouble. MdlCommander will generate an [interior] automatically during the compile process. The downside is that all the parts are used for both exterior and interior, so the .mdl file tends to be a bit larger...

Guest MikeEppright

I downloaded your Bravo. You did a great job. Very few complaints. Do you by chance have a relative with first name Roger?