Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Gauge names -- what does this mean?

gauge00=Mooney_Bravo!Clock, 0, 147I notice that some gauges in panel.cfg files have this ! mark and others don't . Does this indicate that this particular gauge is contained inside another gau file like for example Mooney_Bravo.gau -- whereas the other type gauges that do not have this ! mark are shown in the gaugs folder as an individual gauge .. If so , why is this done?Thanks Barry

I believe this syntax with the "bang" was introduced along with gauge files that could contain multiple gauges. It allows you to specify the gauge file then the gauge name. I always use the bang because I build my gauges in XML exclusively, the name before the bang becomes the cabinet file name (or the folder name while I am working with the gauges).Steve

Does this indicate that this particular gauge is contained inside another gau file like for example Mooney_Bravo.gau ? Yes in a way... In FS2000 "multi" gauges where introduced. All they were was many individual gauges packed into one compiled gauge. If I am correct the reason why this was done is for easier gauge "intercommunication" by the programmer of the gauges. For FS2k2 the multi gauge returns (*.gau) but another has also surfaced.. XML types. The XML type gauge can be in many formats also.. ( Cabbed, Uncabbed in a folder, or No folder ) The first 2, cabbed and foldered, require the use of the gauge calling syntax you described. "Non Multi-gauge *.gau types" gaugexx=gauge name, XX, YY, XX, YY"Multi-gauge *.gau types" gaugexx=multi-gauge name!individual gauge, XX, YY, XX, YY"Cabbed or foldered *.xml types" gaugexx=folder or cab name!individual gauge, XX, YY, XX, YY"single *.xml types" gaugexx=gauge name, XX, YY, XX, YY Regards,Roman[link:www.packers.com]GREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap