Sign in to follow this  
Guest bones

A quick animation question...

This is probably a stupid question but...I have been unable to find a tutorial that will clarify this for me. When trying to set up flaps, ailerons etc for animation on a wing with a dihedral I cannot get the part to rotate correctly. I know there is a way to align the rotation to the wing and not the global x,y,z coords but when I move the gizmo around it doesnt change anything in the actual rotation of the partHope someone can help with this one because its been driving me nuts for 2 days and 7 pots of coffee :-)*****************************************

>Hope someone can help with this one because its been driving >me nuts for 2 days and 7 pots of coffee :-) As it happens, I am about to compose my "dumb question of the day" myself, so I happened to have the wings loaded in GMax...Here is a screen shot showing the left aileron and flap pivots selected. Note from the position of the 'arrows' the correct orientation for the gizmo. Also note that I have "Affect Pivot Only" selected. Simply align the RED arrows to match the wing's dihedral angle (in this case, 5.5 degrees).I hope this will help!

Guest odog

hey,Just a few more things to try, there's a box in the top toolbar, it says VIEW you want this to say LOCAL or PARENT.after you select Affect Pivot Only click align to obect and center to object, this will only get you close.now turn the plane so you are looking squarely down the wing and then adjust the pivot.This is a huge source of gmax frustration, especially with strange wing configs.be patient...still, good luck

Guest bones

For a wing with sweepback, dihedral and incidence it's downright torture!